Product defaults add an additional level of configuration that allows you set default behaviors for groups of products. This layer sits between the global level, which affects every product, and the product level, which only affects a single product. By enabling the product defaults app you expose this extra level of configuration which is not available when you first start using DecoNetwork. Once enabled you can configure what products belong to which product default group. From there, most of the properties of a product such as pricing, sizing, decoration areas and shipping (to name a few) can be set at the product default level, thus letting you make wide scale changes with far fewer clicks. Think of a product default as a group of like products that can configured all at once. However, you should remember that by configuring a product at the product level, you will be overriding any settings defined by the product default. By editing product lines using product defaults you are utilizing some of the more advanced and powerful features of DecoNetwork - congratulations!
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
- An understanding of product configuration (see the help article "Products Overview" to get started)
- The Product Defaults app must be enabled. Visit the Apps Store to enable the app (located in the Product Extensions section).
To Configure Product Defaults:
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website.
- Browse to Admin > Products.
- Select Product Defaults.
The main work area displays a list of existing Product Defaults which you may Edit, Delete (for user-added defaults), or move up and down the list of defaults by pressing the up and down arrows. You can also see, at a glance, which decoration processes apply to the product default. You may also set up a New Product Default. Defaults which are grayed out are not active.
Press Edit to make the following changes to the default. These basically correspond to the same settings you can configure for a product, but will apply to all products in the product default group:
- Active toggles the active state default group.
- Name lets you specify a name for the default group.
- Category sets what category any products in the default group will appear in, as seen in the product selector and in the web store.
- Tax exempt will make all products in the default group tax exempt.
Tax exemption will apply to the overall product - i.e., in addition to the blank product, any decorations added to the product will also be tax exempt.
- Default discount configuration lets you choose what volume discount will be applied from the drop down box. These discounts must already be configured in Admin > Products > Volume Discounts.
- Purchase Order Workflow sets the default workflow behavior for the default group.
- Production Time lets you set the production time for products in the product default group.
- Shipping lets you set dimensions of all products in the default group. A zero will not be taken into account as the default.
- Minimum Quantity sets the default minimum sale quantity and bundle sizes for the product default.
- Pricing sets how products in the group will markup their pricing from its supplier to what its offered price is for affiliate stores.
- Sizing sets default sizes for the product default.
- Decoration Pricing sets the pricing for each decoration process you support for the default group.
- Availability sets who and where the product default can be accessed.
- Custom fields attaches extra data fields to be collected to all products in the default group.
- When you are done, press Save.
To Use Product Defaults:
- Browse to Admin > Products.
- Select the product you want to apply the product default to by either:
- Clicking on the product code.
- Clicking on the product name.
- Clicking on the Manage button beside the product you want to configure, then selecting Edit Product.
- Click change to change the Product Default used.
- Select a product default from the Product Default drop down list.
- Click Save.