You can consolidate unsent purchase orders using the merge function. The merge option is available when you view a purchase order. When you activate the merge function, a list of existing purchase orders will be displayed for you to select and merge.
If batch production is enabled in your Fulfillment Center, only purchase orders from the same supplier can be merged. If you do have batch production enabled, you can merge purchase orders from different suppliers. If you choose to merge a purchase order from a different supplier, the line items from the purchase order being merged will be added as free form items.
- You must have Administrator and/or Purchasing permission to use this feature.
- "By default, all products go to purchase ordering" must be checked in the Purchase Order Workflow Settings.
- You must have suppliers defined in your Fulfillment Center settings for the products ordered.
To merge existing saved, unsent purchase orders:
- Log into your DecoNetwork website.
- Browse to Business Hub > Purchase Orders.
- Click View to load the purchase order you want to merge with another.
You can also click anywhere within a purchase order's row to load it.
The purchase order View page is displayed.
- Click on Merge into Existing.
The Merge into Purchase Order popup is displayed with a list of existing purchase orders that you can merge with the current purchase order.
- Select the purchase order you want to merge and click Okay.
Once the purchase order is merged it then has a status of 'Merged' and is moved to the Closed tab on the Purchase Order list page. A merged purchase order is similar to a deleted purchase order; you cannot perform any actions against it. There is a note added to the merged purchase order to indicate it has been merged into another purchase order. There is also a note added to the receiving purchase order to indicate that it has had another purchase order merged into it. You can view the note in the History tab of the purchase order.