Single sign-on (SSO) is a centralized authentication service that enables a user to use a single set of credentials to securely log in to multiple applications and websites. This prevents the need for the user to log in separately into the different applications. User credentials and other identifying information are stored and managed by a centralized system called Identity Provider (IdP). The Identity Provider is a trusted system that provides access to other websites and applications.
The SSO feature is available for integration with DecoNetwork on Enterprise plans via the SSO API. In order to implement SSO on your account, you need to add the SSO API app to your website. You will then need a developer to build the integration. DecoNetwork uses a technology called JSON Web Token (JWT) to authenticate the user. With JWT, a user is automatically verified with the identity provider when they sign in and is allowed access to DecoNetwork without being prompted to enter separate sign-in credentials.
- You must have Administrator permission to use this feature.
- You must on the Enterprise plan
To Enable the Single Sign-On API App:
- Log into your DecoNetwork website.
- Browse to Admin and select the yellow + Apps Store button at the bottom of the Main Menu.
- Click Add now on the Single Sign-On API app.