The Stripe payment gateway is provided by a technology company, Stripe, headquartered in San Francisco, California, United States. Areas serviced by Stripe include Canada, the Kingdom of Denmark, Hong Kong, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Norway, and Singapore. The Stripe payment gateway is a non-hosted payment gateway, meaning your customers can complete the checkout process directly on the payment page on your website. Use this payment gateway if you are not subject to SCA compliance regulations and want your customers to have a better user experience.
You must have administrator access to use this feature
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website.
- Browse to Admin > Settings.
Select Payment Methods.
The main work area will display your currently selected payment gateway in the top panel, currently configured alternative payment methods in the next panel, followed by available credit cards, and currently configured manual payment methods in the bottom panel.
- Click Edit in the Current Payment Gateway panel.
The current payment gateway settings are displayed in the main work area.
- Click on the Change Payment Gateway button at the right of the breadcrumb bar.
The Select Payment Gateway page will be displayed.
- Click on the Stripe tile.
The Stripe payment gateway details will be displayed in a popup.
- Click on the Select Stripe button to confirm your choice.
The Configure Payment Gateway page will be loaded with the configuration areas that you must complete to connect to that gateway.
- Configure the payment gateway options.
This field allows you to set whether the payment gateway is live or in testing mode. If you choose Testing mode, you can test purchases using the gateway without credit cards getting billed.
Test Api Key
This is the Test Secret API authentication code for your Stripe account, supplied to you by Stripe.
Live Api Key
This is the Live Secret API authentication code for your Stripe account, supplied to you by Stripe.
To locate your Test and Live Secret API Keys:
- Go to the Stripe website and log into your Stripe account
- Go to Your account > Account Settings > API Keys
This field allows you to choose when funds are captured:
- Capture funds at the time sale/payment is made: when this option is selected, funds will be captured when buyers confirm the order, i.e. money will be collected at the time of sale.
- Only authorize funds at the time sale/payment is made, capture funds at the time the order is completed/marked shipped: when this option is selected, authorization is granted at the time of sale, but funds will only be captured when the order is shipped.
This is the description of the goods purchased as it will appear in a transaction. The variable, [SITE], will display the domain name of your site and the variable, [ORDER_NUMBER] will display the number of the order in the transaction description.
You can use [SITE_NAME] in place of [SITE]. [SITE_NAME] displays the site name as specified in the Website Pages Editor. This variable is useful if your site URL is particularly long a exceeds the length limit of the Transaction Description field.
- When done, click the Save button.