The Customers page in Business Hub is where you manage all your customers. Only users with Administrator, Sales Manager, or Sales Team roles can access the Customers page.
The Customers page contains a list of the customers that you have acquired through all of your sales channels. This includes customers who have placed orders in your primary web store and your affiliate web stores. It also includes customers that you have added yourself to Business Hub. On this page, you can add new customers, view or edit existing customers, import customers, export customers, export customer designs, sort customers, and search for customers.
In this article...
- To view your Customers list
- To customize the fields displayed for your customers
- Notes icons
- Sorting customers
- Searching for customers
- View customer sales summary
To view your Customers list:
- Log into your DecoNetwork website.
- Browse to Business Hub > Customers.
The main work area shows a list of all your existing customers.
Active customers are shown by default. You can choose to view deleted customers or spam customers by clicking on the Deleted or Spam tabs at the top left of the table respectively.
Customers in the Spam tab are those that have been identified by the built-in spam filter as being spam. If you believe that the filter has incorrectly identified a customer as being spam, you can select the customer(s) and apply the Mark as Not Spam action from the Customer Actions menu.
Active customers are shown by default. You can choose to view deleted customers by clicking on the Deleted tab at the top left of the table.
By default, the following fields are displayed for each order:
- #: the order number.
- Customer: the customer's full name.
- Company: the customer's company name.
- Email: the customers's email address.
- Phone number: the customer's phone number.
- Outstanding: the total amount that the customer owes on their orders.
To customize the fields displayed for your customers:
You can customize the information displayed in the Customers list by choosing which fields you want to be shown in the table.
- Click on the gear icon in the last cell of the header row.
The table of Customer fields is displayed.
- Tick the checkboxes for the fields you want to be displayed and un-tick the checkboxes for the fields you do not want to be displayed.
Note, you cannot un-tick the checkboxes for the Customer, Company, Email, Phone, and Outstanding fields.
- Store: the URL of the store the customer is registered under.
- Customer ID: the account identification number for the customer.
- Customer: the full name of the customer.
- Login: the username for the customer account.
- Company: the customer's company name, specified for billing, if it has been provided.
- Email: the email address of the customer.
- Phone: the phone number of the customer.
- Outstanding: the current amount that the customer has owing on orders.
- Total Order Value: the total value of all orders the customer has placed.
- Number of Orders: the total number of orders the customer has placed.
- Date Registered: the date on which the customer registered for their customer account.
- Click okay.
Icons may sometimes appear beside the customer name in the Customer column.
The icons indicate that there are notes associated with the customer. The notes can be either internal notes or notes sent to or from the customer.
Hover the mouse pointer over the notes icon to show the list of notes. The user who created the note and the date and time of creation is shown for each note.
By default, customers will be sorted by registration date, starting with the latest registration date to the earliest. You can change how the Customers list is sorted by clicking on any of the enabled field names (highlighted in blue) in the header row.
An initial click on a particular field name will cause the list to be sorted by that field, in descending order. Clicking on the same field name again will cause the list to be sorted by that field in ascending order.
The current sort field will be indicated by the field name cell being filled with a gray background. The current sort order will be indicated by a down arrow or an up arrow after the field name. A down arrow indicates descending order and an up arrow indicates ascending order.
Searching for customers
You can search for particular customers using any of the active fields in the table. Search for customers by typing or selecting a value in one or more of the fields in the row directly below the header row and then clicking on the Search button at the end of the row.
Text Search Fields
Text fields are indicated by a blank box. To search using a text field, click inside the box and enter the string that you want to search for.
Value Range Search Fields
Value range search fields require To and From values to be entered as part of the search criteria. Value range search fields have a small black triangle in the bottom-right of the search box.
To search using a value range search field:
- Click within the field box
A popup is displayed, containing To and From fields
- Enter values in the To and From fields
- Click okay
Date Search Fields
Date search fields also have a small black triangle in the bottom-right of the search box.
To search by date:
- Click within the date field box
A popup is displayed, containing a drop-down list with time period options
- Select a specific time period within which you want to search
- Select "Between:" to specify a custom date range
- Click on the calendar icon in the From field, select a date using the Date Picker tool, then click OK when you have picked the desired date. Do the same for the To field.
- Click okay.
View customer sales summary
You can hover the mouse pointer over the customer name to view a popup containing a summary of sales information for the customer.
The popup will be accessible anywhere a customer name is shown, i.e. Quotes List, Production List, Artwork Approvals List, and Customers List.