You can specify an email address to be used as the sender address on emails that are not related to a customer order. If you do not specify an address, emails will be sent from the default DecoNetwork sender address.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
- Setting an order-reply email address only works with email addresses on custom domains. You'll need to fulfill the following requirements:
- 1. Set up or modify the SPF record on your domain to validate DecoNetwork as an authorized sender. (SPF details below)
- 2. Enter a valid and active email address that uses the same domain you configured the SPF record on.
- If you are unable to set the required SPF record, leave the order-reply email address blank and emails will be sent out from the default DecoNetwork sender address.
To set a custom sender address for email notifications:
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website.
- Browse to Admin > Settings.
- Click Email & Order Templates, then Order-Reply Email.
- Enter the sender address into the Order-reply email address field.
If a customer replies to a DecoNetwork email, it will go to the email address specified. While this is a useful thing to have, it is important that the Domain Name System (DNS) is properly configured to allow this. Not setting up the DNS properly will result in DecoNetwork email being rejected as spam or junk by the email systems that receive the email. To set up the DNS, your domain name administrator will have to set up an SPF record which authorizes the DecoNetwork system to send emails on your behalf. The included server needed in your SPF record is include:_spf.secure-decoration.com
Example SPF record for your administrator:
- v=spf1 a mx include:_spf.secure-decoration.com ~all
Note, It may take up to 48 hours for SPF records to propagate.
- Click Save.