Once a design is added to the stock design list, you can configure the decoration processes that the design can be used with and, if the design is your own design, you will be able to modify some of its details and specify meta information for the design.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
Managing Stock Designs
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website.
- Browse to Admin > Stock Designs.
- Select Stock Designs List.
The work area will display a list of stock designs that are presently in your DecoNetwork.
- Click Manage beside the design you want to configure and click Configure from the drop down menu.
- Configure the design as required:
After clicking on Configure, you are presented with a separate screen with a number of tabs: General, Processes, and Meta information.
If the design vendor did not provide any metadata for designs added from stock design collections, Meta Information will not be available.
General lets you view the basic information about the design and also lets you preview the design on a range of products (click the View design to see the preview).
If the design is your own design, the fields will be editable, allowing you to edit the settings.
- Name: lets you enter a new name for the design.
- Category: lets you select a category for the design from the dropdown list.
- Allow customer to change color of image: Tick this checkbox allow customers to change the image colors. This will reduce the number of colors in the image to a maximum of 8 to avoid cases where the number of colors is too many to manage.
- Image Type: Shows the image type of the design. The design can be raster, vector, embroidery, or a DecoNetwork template.
- Color: shows the color type of the design (Full Color or Low Color).
- Number of colors: shows the number of colors present in the design.
Use real life dimensions: lets you specify the dimensions you want the design to be sized at.
- Maintain Aspect Ratio: Tick this checkbox if you want the design to maintain its aspect ratio.
- Allow customer to resize image: Tick this checkbox allows customers to adjust the size of the image.
- Price lets you specify the price that customers will be charged for using the design. You can leave this field blank if you want the design to be free of charge.
Display Background: lets you configure the background color of the design displayed on the website.
- Automatic: will automatically display a color that provides optimal visibility of the design depending on the design colors.
- Always white: will always display a white background behind store designs.
- Always black: will always display a black background behind store designs.
Other: lets you specify a color by entering a hex code.
If the design is a template, you can also launch Template Builder to edit the template by clicking on the Edit Template link. (See the article, Create a template design, for more information on using the Template Builder).
Processes lets you define which decoration processes the design may be used in.
When a design is uploaded, the system will detect the properties of the design, such as the Image type and number of colors, and determine which decoration processes are suitable. The suitable decoration processes will be automatically assigned to the design. Hence, the Auto Assigned Processes checkbox will be ticked by default. You can un-tick the checkbox and override the settings if you wish.
Meta Information information refers to data that is associated with the page that displays the design in your online store. Search engines often use the data to index your website. You should review the search engine optimization (SEO) topics for further information. You can set the page title, meta keywords, and meta description here.
Page title will appear in the title bar of your browser when viewing the design. Ticking Override default lets you edit the page title. -[STORE_NAME] is appended to the end of the page title and is dynamically replaced with the web store's configured name.
Meta keywords are used by some search engines to identify the topic and content of a page. Tick Override default to edit the keywords for the design page.
Meta description will appear in the preview of most search results and provide potential visitors with a short description of your design page. Tick Override default to edit the description.
Meta Index - Prevent search engines from indexing this page: This option lets you choose whether or not you want search engines to include the design page in search results and follow the links on your page.
Ticking the checkbox will include a "noindex" meta tag in the page's HTML code to prevent the design page from appearing in the search engine's search results.
This is useful for preventing duplicate content in the design page from coming up in the search results for your site and redirecting traffic to more relevant pages on your site.
- Page title will appear in the title bar of your browser when viewing the design. Ticking Override default lets you edit the page title. -[STORE_NAME] is appended to the end of the page title and is dynamically replaced with the web store's configured name.
- General lets you view the basic information about the design and also lets you preview the design on a range of products (click the View design to see the preview).
- Click Save when done.