You can record a full or partial refund against a quote or an order Business Hub. If you have a payment gateway configured, you can issue refunds on payments made by credit card directly in Business Hub.
- You must have Administrator, Sales Manager or Sales Team permission to use this feature.
- A partial or full payment must have been recorded against the quote or order
To add a refund to a quote/order:
- Log into your DecoNetwork website.
- Browse to Business Hub > Orders.
- Click View to load the quote or order you want to add a refund to.
You can also click anywhere within a row to load the quote or order, except on the customer name. Clicking on the customer name loads the customer record.
- Click on the Payments tab.
- Click on the Add Refund button.
The Refund Details popup will be displayed.
- Select a Refund Reason.
- Enter extra information about the refund in the text box below the refund reason field. (Optional)
- If you do not want the refund to be added back to the outstanding balance of the quote or order, tick the Add Credit With The Same Value checkbox.
- Enter a Refund Amount against the payment(s).
This can be the full amount already paid (the refundable amount), or part of the amount. You cannot enter an amount more than the refundable amount.
(Note, an order can have multiple payments).
- Click Ok.
- If the payment method is Credit Card, Business Hub communicates with the payment gateway to process the refund.
- The refund is automatically recorded with a timestamp and is listed under the Payments tab along with the payment method, refunded amount and current payment status.
- If the Add Credit With The Same Value checkbox was not checked, the refunded amount will be added back as the outstanding balance on the quote or order.