You can add a note during the creation of a quote or an order, or send one to the customer at any time after the quote or order has been created. You can also attach files with the note. All notes and attachments, including ones added by the customer, are saved with the quote/order, making communications about a quote/order easy to track.
- You must have Administrator, Sales Manager or Sales Team permission to use this feature.
In this article, you will learn how...
To add a note during the creation of a quote/order:
- Type a note into the Notes text box at the bottom left of the quote/order.
The Notes text box will only appear after you have added products to the quote/order.
To send a note after quote/order creation:
- Log into your DecoNetwork website.
- Browse to Business Hub > Quotes or Business Hub > Orders.
- Click View to load the quote or order you want to add a note to.
You can also click anywhere within a row to load the quote or order, except on the customer name. Clicking on the customer name loads the customer record.
- Click on Add Note for Customer.
The Add Note for Customer popup will be displayed.
- Select an option from the Note Type dropdown list.
- general: select this option if the note is about the whole order in general
- line item: select this option if the note is about a particular line item. When this option is selected, a dropdown list will be displayed allowing you to select a line item. The note that is sent to the customer will indicate the line item that the note is about.
- Enter a note in the Note textbox.
You can attach a file to accompany the note by clicking on the Attach New File button.When attaching files, keep in mind that some email service providers have a limit on file size for attachments.
- Click okay.
The note will be sent to the customer via email. It will also be displayed in the History section on the right of the quote/order when viewed by the customer and in the History/Notes tab of a quote/order in Business Hub. The creator of the note and the date and time of creation is displayed with each note.
If a file was attached with the note, it will appear under the note as a thumbnail if it is a graphics file or as a link if it is another file type. Clicking on the thumbnail/link will allow you to download the file.
A note icon is displayed beside the artwork approval number on the Artwork Approvals page to indicate that there are notes relating to the order.
Please sign in to leave a comment.