Internal notes allow you to relay important information about a quote or an order to other staff members. You can add an internal note that is only visible to staff to a quote or an order during its creation or at any time after the quote or order has been created. You can also attach files with the note. Internal notes are recorded with the user name and timestamp and displayed at the right of a quote or order.
- You must have Administrator, Sales Manager or Sales Team permission to use this feature.
To add an internal note to a quote/order:
- Log into your DecoNetwork website.
- Browse to Business Hub > Quotes or Business Hub > Orders.
- Click View to load an existing quote or order.
You can also click anywhere within a row to load the quote or order, except on the customer name. Clicking on the customer name loads the customer record.
- Click on the Create button beside the Internal Notes heading following the actions section at the right of the page.
- Enter a note in the Note textbox.
You can attach a file to accompany the note by clicking on the Attach New File button.
- Click okay.
The note is displayed at the right of the page, under the Internal Notes heading. If a file was attached with the note, it will appear under the note as a thumbnail if it is a graphics file or as a link if it is another file type. Clicking on the thumbnail/link will allow you to download the file.
The note is also sent via email to team members with the Admin role if notifications are turned on. Any attachments will be included in the email notification.
Keep in mind, when attaching files, that some email service providers have a limit on file size for attachments.
A note icon is displayed beside the quote/order number in the Quotes/Orders page to indicate that there are notes in the quote or order.