Internal notes allow you to relay important information about a quote or an order to other staff members. You can add an internal note that is only visible to staff to a quote or an order during its creation or at any time after the quote or order has been created. Internal notes are recorded with the user name and timestamp and displayed at the right of a quote or order.
- You must have Administrator, Sales Manager or Sales Team permission to use this feature.
To add an internal note to a quote/order:
- Log into your DecoNetwork website.
- Browse to Business Hub > Quotes or Business Hub > Orders.
- Click View to load an existing quote or order.
You can also click anywhere within a row to load the quote or order, except on the customer name. Clicking on the customer name loads the customer record.
- Click on the Create button beside the Internal Notes heading following the actions section at the right of the page.
- Enter a note in the Note textbox.
- Click okay.
The note is displayed at the right of the page, under the Internal Notes heading.
The note is also sent via email to team members with the Admin role.
A note icon is displayed beside the quote/order number in the Quotes/Orders page to indicate that there are notes in the quote or order.