This document describes the tools for managing the categories in the Decorated Products tree view. The tree view is a graphical control which represents a hierarchical view of the category structure. Each item, called a branch, can have any number of sub-items.
Tree View Branches
Branches that do not have any sub-items are indicated by a square symbol. Branches that contain sub-items are indicated by either "-" or a "+" symbol, depending on whether the item is expanded or collapsed. When an item is expanded, its sub-items are revealed. Sub-items are visualized by an indentation in the list. If a branch is collapsed, its sub-items are hidden. By default, all branches are collapsed. Click the "+" symbol to expand an branch. Click the "-" symbol to collapse a branch.
Category Management Controls
The controls available for managing your decorated product categories are located above the category tree view.
These are described below:
- Add allows you to add a new category. When you click on the Add button, the Add category dialog will be displayed, allowing you to configure the details of the category.
- Category title lets you specify the category name
- Category description lets you enter the description for the category using a WYSIWYG content editor or via direct HTML entry. Click on the "Source" button to toggle between the WYSIWYG editor and HTML format.
- Thumbnail lets you upload an image that will be used to display a thumbnail representing the category on the Products page in the store.
Click OK to add the category. The category will be added to the bottom of the currently selected branch.
- Delete will delete the selected category after you confirm that you wish to do so. You will only be able to delete a category if it is empty.
- Edit will allow you to rename the category, edit the description and change the thumbnail image.
- Make Private will hide the selected category from the storefront. A lock symbol will be displayed beside a category to indicate that it is private.
The name of this button will change to Make Public after a category has been made private.
- Make Public will show the selected category in the storefront. If a selected category is public, the button name will be shown as Make Private.
Categories can be reorganized by dragging and dropping into a different position in the category tree. To re-order a category within its current level in the hierarchy, drag it up or down to a new position in the list. Let go of the mouse button when a gray line is displayed to indicate the new position.
To move a category to a different level in the hierarchy, drag it out of its current level and drop it into the desired position in the hierarchy.
Store Categories Display
In the store categories will be displayed in the following areas:
- In the drop-down list when the mouse pointer is hovered over the menu item for the decorated products page in the main navigation menu.
- At the top of the decorated products page (if Initial Listing Content is set to "Display Categories" in the Website Page Settings), underneath the page header.
- In the side column (if column display is set to "On" and product Categories is set to "Active" in the Website Page Settings)
Click here for details on how to configure Website Page Settings.
Note, if you are on the Business+ plan, you must enable the Page Management app in order to access the Website Page Settings.