Three regular shapes, are provided for you to define the area on a product that can be decorated - rectangle, circle and rounded corner rectangle. These shapes define the area in which a decoration is confined to. While these shapes are suitable for most products, you may find that you need to create custom areas for irregular shaped products. For example, you might sell star-shaped promotional products that can be decorated, or you might sell valentines day products with heart-shaped printable areas.
To Create a Custom Shape
- Open a graphics application the supports transparency, such as Adobe Photoshop or Corel PHOTO-PAINT.
- Create a new document with a transparent background.
- Draw the shape that you require with a solid, uniform color fill.
- Save the file as .PNG format.
- To use the shape, click the Browse... button in the Manage Product View dialog and upload your shape.
Once uploaded, the shape will appear as an icon alongside the existing printable area shapes.
For a complete tutorial on how to configure a decoration area, see the article, Product Decoration Area.