An RSS feed is a format that publishes updated content from one site to another website. RSS Setup lets you configure an RSS feed to publish short summaries of updated products from your DecoNetwork site to your own external sites, such as a blog, or to third-party sites. Once you have configured the RSS feed, DecoNetwork generates a URL and a code snippet that you can use to embed your RSS feed into external websites.
- You must have administrator or web developer access to use this feature
- You must have programming knowledge to embed the configured RSS feed in your external website
To Set up an RSS Feed:
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website.
- If you are the Fulfillment Center, browse to Admin > Websites.
Select Manage for the website you want to configure.
- Click Marketing and Sales Tools, then RSS Setup.
The main work area contains the settings which can be configured:
- Type defines the RSS protocol to use. If unsure leave at RSS 1.0.
- Title gives your feed a name.
- Source defines where the feed will draw its information from. The dropdown box lets you choose from latest products, a category of products, and specific products to be featured in your feed.
- RSS URL is the location of the feed once it is configured. Sites wishing to use your feed will use this URL.
- Preview is a display of what your feed will look like.
- Example RSS XML is a code snippet containing the code a site can use to embed your RSS feed into their website.
- Copy and paste the RSS URL into the appropriate section of your third-party website.