A template design is a design where elements such as text and logos and properties such as text font and text and object colors can be customized.
The Template Builder lets you compose new templates based on existing graphics with the addition of text and effects. Text fields and vector-based graphics can be left as editable to people that use the template to decorate a product. Only placement, color, and effects are available to edit on a vector graphic. The template designer is not a graphics program that can be used to create vector graphics from scratch, but it does build compositions of existing graphics. Raster-based graphics cannot be edited, but they can be scaled and positioned. An understanding of graphics program capabilities is desirable to use the editor, as the editor follows industry standard conventions for layout and editing control.
You can also edit existing templates you have created with the Template Builder.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
- Knowledge of graphic design software principles required for using the template designer
To create a template design:
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website.
- Browse to Admin > Stock Designs.
- Select Stock Designs List.
- Click the Add Design button in the Breadcrumb & Action bar and click Create Template from the drop-down menu.
The Template Builder app is loaded in the window.
- Add text and graphic elements to build your template. Change the settings of each element as necessary.
Click here for a detailed guide on how to use the Template Builder.
- When done, click Save & Exit.
- Configure the details of the design.
- Name: Enter a name for the design.
- Category: Select a category for the design from the dropdown list. If the category you want does not exist, you can add it by typing the category name in the text box
- Allow customer to resize image: Tick this checkbox allows customers to adjust the size of the image.
- Price Specify the price that customers will be charged for using the design. You can leave this field blank if you want the design to be free of charge.
- Click Save.