Batch production is a common practice where orders are produced in groups rather than in a staggered manner. An advantage of batch production is that unit costs can be reduced by producing orders as a whole batch instead of one by one. Another advantage is that machines can be used more effectively, thus increasing your production efficiency.
In DecoNetwork, you can set your production options to allow batch production at the store level. For each store, you can enable batch production, which groups all of the store's orders into batched production runs. This feature is ideal for batching orders for affiliate stores that are created specifically for a sports team or a school, for example. Enabling batch production will allow you to wait until all team members or students have placed their orders for an event before you access the orders as a batch for production.
Fulfillment Centers will see batched orders appearing in Business Hub in the Production section, where orders are batched by the website that the orders originated from. Click here for instructions on how to access batch production orders.
- This feature is only available on the Premium and Enterprise Plans
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
- You must have the Batch Production app enabled
To enable batch production:
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website.
- If you are the Fulfillment Center, browse to Admin > Websites.
Select Manage for the website you want to configure.
- Click Administration, then Production Options.
If you have not used Production Options before, or you have previously disabled the Batch Production app, enable the Batch Production app by clicking on the yellow and black + button beside the Production Options menu item.
Click on the Batch Production banner, then press Add Now in the popup window to enable Batch Production. Press Close once Batch Production has been enabled.
- Tick the Enable batch production for this site checkbox to enable this feature.
- Click Save.