You can choose to enable external cart integration, which allows you to host your main website separately to DecoNetwork and only link to your DecoNetwork site to allow the customer to customize and purchase your DecoNetwork products. The cart and checkout process is managed on your external site. This allows your existing e-commerce site to integrate with DecoNetwork, where the one order will have a mix of DecoNetwork products and products you already sell on your site.
- Programming experience is required to integrate with DecoNetwork using External Checkout Integration. All integration is done using browser links and direct server to server communication across HTTPS.
- All payments will be marked as “External API Payment” which acts like a manual payment. It is your responsibility to make sure this payment is valid.
- You must have access to the “DataFeed” (go to /manage/data_feed) which is a zip file containing XML documents describing your products, including IDs used when integrating with DecoNetwork.
- This feature is only available on multi-store plans
- You must have administrator access to use this feature.
- You must have the External Cart API app enabled.
Configuring API Settings in your website:
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website.
- If you are the Fulfillment Center, browse to Admin > Websites.
Select Manage for the store you want to enable the API Settings on.
- Select API Settings.
If you have not used API Settings before, or you have previously disabled External Cart API app, enable the External Cart API app by clicking on the yellow and black + button next to the API Settings menu item.
Click on the External Cart API banner, then press Add Now in the popup window to enable API Settings. Press Close once API Settings has been enabled.
- Tick the Enable External Cart Integration checkbox.
- Enter the necessary information in the fields available.
You can check the Require external integration checkbox to enter a Redirect URL if accessing the site directly.
For information check our External Shipping Cart Integration help article.
- Click Save to save the changes.