MailChimp is a third-party application that handles customer email communications such as newsletters and other marketing material. DecoNetwork can synchronize your customer information to MailChimp directly which simplifies the task of managing your MailChimp subscriber lists. For more information visit the MailChimp website at http://www.mailchimp.com
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
- You must have the MailChimp app enabled
- You must have a MailChimp account with an API key ready to use
- You must have a MailChimp subscriber list into which customers will be synchronized
To configure MailChimp integration:
- Log into your DecoNetwork website.
- Browse to Admin > Marketing > MailChimp Integration.
If you have not used MailChimp Integration before, or you have previously disabled MailChimp Integration, enable the MailChimp Integration app by clicking the yellow and black + button.
Click on the MailChimp banner, then press Add Now in the popup window to enable MailChimp Integration. Click Close once MailChimp Integration has been enabled.
- Select an integration option.
- Don’t Sync any Customer data: Do not sync any customer data between DecoNetwork and MailChimp.
- Sync all Customers over all Affiliate Stores: Import all customers who purchase or subscribe to a newsletter from any affiliate store into your MailChimp account.
- Only Sync Customers from “My” Stores: Only sync customers who purchase or subscribe to a newsletter from your ”owned’ affiliate stores.
- Selecting Sync all Customers over all Affiliate Stores or Only Sync Customers from "My" Stores requires entry of your MailChimp API key into the relevant field.
- Click Verify MailChimp API Key to confirm your API key works correctly. An error will display if it has not been entered correctly.
- Select the name of your MailChimp subscriber list from the dropdown box. The list must be pre-configured on the MailChimp site for this dropdown box to work.
- Click Map Fields to determine what customer data will be mapped to your MailChimp subscriber list.
- The "Map This Customer Data" column from Deconetwork will be synchronized with the "To This MailChimp Field" column in MailChimp.
- Select the names of the DecoNetwork data fields and MailChimp subscriber list fields you wish to map to one another from the dropdown boxes.
- If you wish to add more data fields to the synchronization, click add new field.
- If you wish to remove data from the synchronization, click delete on the row of data you no longer want to be synchronized.
- When complete, click OK.
- When all configurations are complete, click Save.
- It will take a few moments before the data starts to synchronize.