You can record waste of inventory items that have been damaged during the production of a job. When you record waste, the system automatically triggers purchase order requests to recover the damaged inventory. The benefit of this is that purchasing staff are immediately aware that the items need to be re-ordered and the job can be completed with minimal delay.
- You must have Administrator, Production Manager or Production Team permission to use this feature.
- The job must have the status, "Awaiting production"
To record waste of items:
- Log into your DecoNetwork website.
- Browse to Business Hub > Production.
- Click view to load the job you want to record waste for.
You can also click anywhere within a job's row to load it.
- Click on Record Waste.
- Enter the number of items wasted for each size ordered.
- Click okay.
The items marked as waste will appear as items awaiting purchase orders in the Purchase Orders page.