Depending on commercial arrangements it may be favorable to override all calculated pricing and simply charge a specific amount for a given product. While flexible, this can become an inefficient way of managing your product pricing, so use this procedure with caution.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
To set a product price, as a Fulfilment Centre
Manually setting the price of a product as the FC overrides the supplier's cost and the markup being applied to that cost. You are actually manually entering the Blank Product Price, on top of which decoration fees will be added to generate the recommended retail price (RRP).
Products with manually overridden prices will not have their prices updated by their supplier. If the supplier price of the overridden product changes, you need to carefully review the price at which you are offering the product and edit it accordingly.
- Log in to Admin
- Click Products
- Edit the product you wish to set the price of
- Select Pricing in the Inner Menu
- Edit the Blank Product Price
- Choose Specify a blank product price, and choose the pricing model you wish to use
- When done, click Save
To set a product price, as an Affiliate Store
An Affiliate may wish to ignore their specified markup and set a specific retail price for a product.
Overriding the retail price of a product will not effect the sales commission being offered by the FC for selling the product at RRP. If the new price is less than RRP, the affiliate will always make less sales commission.
- Log in to Admin
- Manage the store
- Select Decorated Products
- Select the product to set the price of
- Deselect Use store markup
- Enter the new price into the Retail box
- Click Save