Smart Select Rules remove the need to define decoration areas and decoration processes for each and every product you plan to sell. DecoNetwork inspects every article suppliers provide in their catalogs and determines how to sell each product as a viable value-added offering. All this is calculated by simply configuring the processes you operate, selecting suppliers, and smart select will do the rest.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
- You must have decoration processes previously enabled
To configure smart select rules for a decoration process:
- Log into Admin
- Browse to Decoration Processes
- Select the Process to Configure e.g. DTG Printing
- Click Smart Select Rules
A list of product descriptors is shown in the work area.
- Tick descriptor checkboxes to them ON. Turning a descriptor on will enable that descriptor to be taken into consideration as part of the product selection process.
For example, if Color Type is turned on, and White is the only color selected, then only products that are colored white will be taken into consideration for selection. Each selection made within an area works as an OR, which is to say if the color selections white, light, and dark were all set to ON, then the system would consider products that were either white OR light OR dark.
Products must meet criteria from each selection area before they are finally turned into a product that could be put up for sale (provided it can also be decorated). Thus a product must meet the selection criteria for color, then material, weave, finish, stretchability, buttons, pockets, and pattern before it is used as a saleable product. These selection criteria are modifiable to suit your business needs and equipment capabilities.
When viewing the smart select page the system will inform you that catalogs have been updated if this has occurred. DecoNetwork will make appropriate updates to the catalogs as suppliers change product availability. These updates are not automatically pushed to Fulfillment Centers to prevent the automatic deletion of products which can be upsetting. Therefore, it is advisable to occasionally visit this page to see what product catalog updates have occurred that will affect your range and take steps to avoid problems, such as finding alternate like-product replacements for any supplier's product lines that have been discontinued. Products to be removed can be viewed by clicking View Details.
Clicking Save while the catalog update notice is on screen will go ahead and remove those supplier products. Any Decorated Products that any affiliate store has built using those products will be deleted!
- When you are finished, click Save.
Some other Smart Select benefits and how they affect you
- Full import of product specification sheets.
- Pricing automatically calculated based on supplier charges and your markup rules.
- Colors imported and configured to work with each available process.
- Sizing imported and configured to work with each available process.
- Packaging dimensions calculated and imported for incorporation into shipping fees.
- SKU's imported.
- Automatic categorization of product by type.
- Automatic creation of various product thumbnails and images.
- Predefined decoration areas with availability by process type.
While it is easy to take Smart Select for granted - many people never revisit it for a long time after initial setup, it is important to consider how much time it is saving compared to being forced to manually configure each and every option that a product can have.
Of course like all settings in DecoNetwork, the smart select rules can be overridden as desired. (Under Products > Select Catalog).