Adding a supplier product is to select a product supplied to you by your vendors directly, instead of relying on smart select rules to import all suitable products.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
To add a Supplier Product
- Log in to Admin.
- Press Products.
- Click the Add Product button.
- Select Add Supplier Product.
- You are shown a page of products with their status as supplied or not.
- "Product already added" is already available for sale.
- "This product will add a new 'product default' to your site" is referring the addition of a new product default. (This is only visible if the product defaults app is enabled.)
- "This product has no decoration areas defined" means this will have to have those areas defined prior to becoming saleable. This is done in the Product Configuration page, under the Decoration Areas tab.
- "Show product already added" toggles visibility of existing products from the product table.
- The column headings allowing ordering and filtering of products by the option selected
To add a new supplier product, select its (leftmost column) checkbox, and press Save. If the product was already part of your saleable products (already added) running this again will re-add the product a second time, and an additional time for every subsequent re-addition. This may be necessary if you wish to make different versions fo the product available to different affiliate stores.
- Select Yes Please to immediately have your new product(s) put on sale, using your configured markup and retail price configuration.
- Select No thanks! if you wish to review your new product prior to putting it on sale.
- If you have product defaults enabled, you have the option of either letting new catagories be created if your product is in a new catagory, or using that product's default catagory (as configured by the DecoNetwork catalog team). Selecting Yes will have new catagories created as necessary.
- When you have made your choices press Save.
These final options are safe to set either way. If unsure, just press OK