The product Colors page specifies the colors that a given product is available in for you to decorate and sell. Color information is obtained from suppliers. DecoNetwork formats and imports this data and it is automatically added to products when they are selected (either automatically or manually) from a catalog. Like everything in DecoNetwork, colors can be edited to suit your needs. This is especially useful if you have manually created a custom product and would like variable colors available to your customers.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
- Images of your product in each additional color are required if not using color dynamic image templates
To edit the colors a product is available in:
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website.
- Browse to Admin > Products.
- Select a product to configure by either:
- Clicking on the product code.
- Clicking on the product name.
- Clicking on the Manage button beside the product you want to configure, then selecting Edit Product.
The product properties will be shown in the main work area, with a menu at the left to select property categories. General will be selected by default.
- Select Colors from the product properties menu.
The colors tab lets you determine what colors the product will be available in. By default, the supplier's options are already set, along with the DecoNetwork's definition of these colors being light, white, or dark which affects how decoration processes interact with the product. They also affect pricing if advanced price tables are used - pricing can be affected by the color of the product being printed onto, again based on the product being white, light, or dark. These settings can be changed to suit your business.
- Configure the settings as required.
- On toggles the color as being used or not.
- Default is the color the product will launch with when used in the online store or Business Hub.
- Color is a visual representation of the color being defined.
- Name is a textual representation of the color being defined.
- Color Type is the definition of what color category the color is in; light, white, or dark.
The Add Color button lets you define a new color that will be available for the product. If the product is using unique images for each of its views, you will be required to upload these images by pressing upload. If the product is using a dynamically colorized image template, you only need to select the color from the relevant swatch and the system will do the rest.
- Click Save or Save and Continue when done.