Custom fields let you configure additional product options that the customer can choose from when they order a product. An example of a custom field may be the choice of button color on a shirt. Custom fields may be used to affect the product's price. This configuration screen lets you set up how the selected product will use any custom fields you may have defined.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
This article is about how to configure a product to use a custom field.
For a product to use custom fields, you must first have defined the required custom fields. This is done under Admin > Products > Custom Fields.
See the help article on Creating and Configuring Custom Fields for more information on setting up a custom field.
To configure a product to use custom fields:
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website.
- Browse to Admin > Products.
- Select a product to configure by either:
- Clicking on the product code.
- Clicking on the product name.
- Clicking on the Manage button beside the product you want to configure, then selecting Edit Product.
The product properties will be shown in the main work area, with a menu at the left to select property categories. General will be selected by default.
- Select Custom fields from the product properties menu.
The main work area contains a list of existing custom fields and the configuration options for using them.
- Configure the settings as required.
If you have a custom field (or fields) set up, you can configure how the product uses them:
- Use System Fields, selected by default, will only make system-defined options for a product available (i.e., color and size).
- Specify Custom Fields will make custom fields available to use. Selecting this option will display checkboxes to turn fields on/off and to specify whether the field is required.
- On, when ticked, will make a field active.
- Required, when ticked, means that customers will be forced to fill out the option. If this is not enabled, customers may ignore the option.
- Click Save or Save and Continue when done.
Where custom fields are used:
Once custom fields have been enabled, customers can or must (depending on your settings) interact with them on the product page and in the Designer on your web store. Custom fields will also be accessible in Business Hub orders.
How the options appear in the Designer depends on the Designer layout - Inline or Popup.
Product Page on Webstore
On the product details page on your website, the custom fields are in the Product details panel beside the product image.
Popup Designer in Business Hub
In Business Hub where the Designer is a popup, the custom fields are placed below the size options in the bottom-right panel.
Inline Designer on Webstore
In an inline Designer on your website, the custom fields are in the Product panel below the Size field.
Clicking on the Configure link will display the Extra Product Options popup, allowing the customer to configure the options.
Order in Bussiness Hub
In an order in Business Hub, the custom fields are accessible by clicking within the Options column, which opens a drop-down box containing the custom field options.
Take care with using custom fields; you can configure them to affect the price of the product.