This article explains the purchase order settings which allow the configuration of the numbering and workflows attached to purchase orders.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
To Configure Purchase Orders:
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website.
- Browse to Admin > Settings.
- Select Purchase Order Settings.
The main work area contains all configurable parts of a Purchase Order:
- Configure the Purchase Order Settings.
Purchase Order Number Settings
- Prefix sets an alphanumeric that goes in front of the purchase order sequence number.
- Initial number will be the first purchase order number generated by DecoNetwork for your purchase orders.
- Suffix will be appended to your purchase order numbers.
- By default all products go to purchase ordering toggles the behavior of orders to either go into purchase ordering or not, as the default behavior.
- Orders must complete the purchase order process before flowing through to production, if enabled, will hold orders in the "not ready for production" state until the purchase order has been issued and the products marked as received and if necessary assigned to the order in question. If not enabled, orders will immediately enter production.
Requested Delivery Date Settings
- Purchase Order is requested to be delivered in lets you specify the number of days within which you expect your purchase order to be delivered. The value specified here, combined with the value specified for Default Production Days and the shipping estimate for delivery, is used to calculate the due dates of customers' orders.
- When creating a Purchase Order all items are selected and included by default lets you choose whether all items will be selected when you create a consolidated or batched store purchase order. When this checkbox is ticked, all items in a newly created purchase order will be selected by default. Any item not selected will be left out of the purchase order when it is saved.
- Use inventory on order to fulfil new orders lets you choose whether items ordered as inventory in a purchase order will be automatically allocated to sales orders that do not already have a purchase order associated with them.
When a manually created purchase order is saved, the system will check all SKUs in the purchase order against existing sales orders that do not have SKUs associated with them and assign the SKUs to the sales orders that are awaiting stock in order to fulfill those sales orders. Allocation will be in the order of oldest sales orders first.
When a new sales order is created, the system will check the SKUs being ordered against existing purchase orders and assign matching SKUs from the purchase orders to the SKUs in the sales order. Allocation will be in the order of oldest purchase orders first.
- When allocating items to stock turn inventory on if needed lets you choose whether to automatically turn inventory on when allocating stock that does not have inventory enabled. If the checkbox is ticked, inventory tracking will automatically be turned on if you allocate stock that does not have inventory enabled when receiving stock in a purchase order.
- Click Save.
Please sign in to leave a comment.