Meta information is data related to your webpage, such as page title, keywords, and description. This information is often used by search engines, and this page lets you optimize this meta information to suit your SEO strategy.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
To set meta information:
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website.
- Browse to Admin > Products.
- Select a product to configure by either:
- Clicking on the product code.
- Clicking on the product name.
- Clicking on the Manage button beside the product you want to configure, then selecting Edit Product.
The product properties will be shown in the main work area, with a menu at the left to select property categories. General will be selected by default.
- Select Meta Information from the product properties menu.
The main work area contains the configuration options for the product's meta information.
- Enter the meta information as required.
- Page title will appear in the title bar of your browser when viewing the product. Ticking Override default lets you edit the page title. -[STORE_NAME] is appended to the end of the page title and is dynamically replaced with the web store's configured name.
- Meta keywords are used by some search engines to identify the topic and content of a page. Tick Override default to edit the keywords.
- Meta description will appear in the preview of most search results and provide potential visitors with a short description of your product page. Tick Override default to edit the description.
- Meta Index - Prevent search engines from indexing this page: This option lets you choose whether or not you want search engines to include the product page in search results and follow the links on your page.
Ticking the checkbox will include a "noindex" meta tag in the page's HTML code to prevent the product page from appearing in the search engine's search results.
This is useful for preventing duplicate content on the product page from coming up in the search results for your site and redirecting traffic to more relevant pages on your site.
- Click Save or Save and Continue when done.