Use internal notes to relay important information about a production job to other production staff members. You can add an internal note that is only visible to staff to a production item during its creation or at any time after the item has been created. You can also attach files with the note. Internal notes are recorded with the user name and timestamp and displayed at the right of the production item page.
- You must have Administrator, Production Manager or Production Team permission to use this feature.
To add an internal note to a production item:
- Log into your DecoNetwork website.
- Browse to Business Hub > Production.
- Click view to load the item you want to add an internal note to.
You can also click anywhere within an item's row to load it.
- Click on the Create button beside the Internal Notes heading following the Actions section at the right of the page.
- Enter a note in the New Internal Note textbox.
You can attach a file to accompany the note by clicking on the Attach New File button.
- Click okay.
The note is displayed at the right of the page, under the Internal Notes heading. If a file was attached with the note, it will appear under the note as thumbnail if it is a graphics file or as a link if it is another file type. Clicking on the thumbnail/link will allow you to download the file.
The note is also sent via email to team members with the Admin role if notifications are turned on. Any attachments will be included in the email notification.
Keep in mind, when attaching files, that some email service providers have a limit on file size for attachments.
A note icon is displayed beside the order number in the Production page to indicate that there are notes relating to the order.
Please sign in to leave a comment.