Why this feature is awesome
The Record Shipment screen allows you to easily and quickly process an order for shipment without the need to re-enter the customers details, re-enter order information, or use a third-party system. We'll even save you time and send your customers a notification email for you!
To learn more about the benefits of shipping in DecoNetwork click here.
Use the Record Shipment functionality to process individual orders for shipping. You can process an individual order as multiple shipments if it is too large to be shipped in a single package. Once a shipment is recorded, the items in the shipment will automatically be marked as shipped.
- You must have Administrator, Production Manager or Shipping permission to use this feature.
- The order must have the status, "Awaiting shipping"
To record a shipment:
- Log into your DecoNetwork website.
- Browse to Business Hub > Shipping.
- Click view to load the order you want to record a shipment for.
- Click on the Record Shipment button.
The Record Shipment popup is displayed.
- Specify the shipment properties.
- Quantity: Enter the quantities per line item that is ready for shipping. By default, the quantity fields are populated with the full quantity ordered
- Ship Date: Select the date on which the shipment will be sent. By default, the current date is selected.
- Carrier: Select the company that will transport the shipment. By default, the company that is configured for the shipping method chosen at the time of order is selected. The company the provides. If the shipping method selected was a custom shipping method, "Custom" will be selected.
- Dimensions: Enter the package dimensions used for this shipment. By default, the package dimensions fields are populated using the values specified in the product's configuration page (Admin > Products > Manage > Edit Product > Shipping and Production). See the help article, Product Shipping & Production, for instructions on how to configure the package dimensions of a product.
- Weight: The weight is automatically calculated using the shipping weight values specified in the product's configuration page (Admin > Products > Manage > Edit Product > Shipping and Production). See the help article, Product Shipping & Production, for instructions on how to configure the shipping weight of a product. Tick the Override Weight checkbox if you need to adjust the weight.
- Shipping Method: Select the shipping method used for this shipment. By default, shipping method chosen at the time of order is selected.
- Click okay in the Record Shipment popup.
- If you ticked the Send a notification email to the Customer checkbox, click okay in the Email Shipment to Customer popup.
The shipment that you just recorded will be listed under the Shipments section. The status of the order items will be changed to Shipped.