The Store Template page lets you quickly change the design of your website by switching the theme template applied to the website. You can change the theme, preview and publish the theme at any time.
To change the theme of your website:
- In the Admin menu for your website, click Edit Website, then click Store Template.
The Store Template page loads, showing the current theme applied to your website.
- Click Change Theme.
The Change Store Template page loads, showing the theme options available.
- Click on the theme you want from the options available.
If you select a different theme to the one currently applied, the Reset Pages checkbox will be displayed in the Page Settings Bar at the bottom of the page.
The checkbox is ticked by default, meaning all your custom content will be removed after the new theme is applied. If you want to keep all your custom content, uncheck the Reset Pages button.
- Click on Preview to view your website with the selected theme, without making the changes visible to visitors.
Your website is loaded in a new tab with the selected theme applied for you to preview.
- Go back to the Management tab.
- If you want to apply the theme, but don't want the changes published live to visitors yet, do the following:
- Click on the Save button.
- Click Continue.
The selected theme is saved as an unpublished version until you are ready to publish it. You can customize the theme using the Website Pages Editor. Click here for instructions on how to launch the editor and for information on how to use it.
Don't forget to click Publish once you are ready to publish the changes live to visitors.
If you want to apply the theme and immediately publish the changes live to visitors, do the following:
- Hover the mouse pointer over the Save button and click Save and Publish.
- Click Continue.