The Delete Customer feature allows you to delete customer accounts in Business Hub. Fulfillment Center owners will be able to do a soft delete of customer accounts. This means that the customer record will be deleted from the Customer List, but the customer's details will still remain in existing quotes/orders placed by the customer and the customer account can be reactivated.
For Fulfillment Centers that process data of citizens in the EU, an additional option will be available to permanently delete customer accounts to keep in compliance with GDPR regulations.
Please Note: You will not be able to undo the delete customer action if you choose to permanently delete a customer account.
The customer will be able to delete their account from their account Profile page. This action will also be permanent.
- You must have Administrator and/or Sales Manager permission to use this feature.
To delete a customer account:
- Log into your DecoNetwork website.
- Browse to Business Hub > Customers.
The Customers page is loaded with active and deleted customers arranged in separate tabs. The list of active customers will be displayed by default.
- Click View to open a customer account you want to delete.
You can also click on the customer's name or click anywhere within a customer's row to load it.
- Click on delete customer under the Customer options.
If you are not in the EU, a confirmation popup will be displayed.
If you are in the EU, the Delete Customer popup will be displayed, containing 2 options:
- Delete account: this will be a soft delete of the customer record, meaning the customer account can be reactivated. The deleted customer account will be moved to the Deleted customers list.
- Delete customer account and permanently remove all personal information...: this will permanently delete the customer account as well as remove all the customer's personal and shipping information from existing quotes and orders.
- If you are not in the EU, click OK in the confirmation popup.
If you are in the EU, select an option and click okay in the Delete Customer popup.
- Click okay.
If you are not in the EU or if you are in the EU and you chose the first delete option (soft delete) the customer account will be removed from the active Customer List, but the customer's personal information will still be available in any quotes and orders the customer has previously placed.
If you are in the EU and you chose to permanently delete the customer account, the account is deleted and all personal information will be removed from orders and quotes previously placed by the customer.
Customers that have not been permanently deleted can be accessed through the Deleted tab.
Customers in the Deleted list can be reactivated. To reactivate customers, tick the checkboxes for the customers you want to reactivate and click on Reactivate Selected Customers from the Customer Actions menu at the left.
You can permanently delete customers from the Deleted list. To permanently delete customers from the Deleted list, tick the checkboxes for the customers you want to permanently delete and click on Delete Selected Customers from the Customer Actions menu at the left.
Please sign in to leave a comment.