Tax settings determine when and how your currently configured taxes are applied.
When enabled, a tax is applied to the overall product - i.e., the tax will be applied to any decorations added to the product as well as to the blank product.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
To Configure Tax Settings:
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website.
- Browse to Admin > Settings > Taxes.
Select Tax Settings.
The tax settings are displayed in the main work area.
- Configure the settings as required.
This group of settings lets you set which additional products and services the taxes you have defined will be applied to.
Click on the Default Taxes link to set which taxes are applicable for a particular item. The link will only be available if the item's checkbox is ticked.
The Select taxes to apply popup is displayed.
Select an option by clicking on its radio button:
- Apply default taxes: select this option if you want the product/service to use all system taxes as configured under Admin > Settings > Taxes > Current Taxes.
- Specify taxes: select this option if you want to disable specific taxes for the product/service.
Tax calculated for customers
This section lets you choose whether the tax will be calculated based on the customer's billing address or shipping address.
Select the option which complies with the legislation of your region. Refer to your accountant's advice if you are not sure.
Tax calculated from company
Select either Dispatch details or Company details to determine what local taxes apply to your product sales if the location of dispatch and company are different. Refer to your accountant's advice if you are unsure which to set.
Taxes to include in listing prices
Taxes are automatically calculated and applied by DecoNetwork at checkout based on the location of the purchaser. However, it is mandatory in some locations for some taxes to be included in the listed sales prices. Tick the checkboxes of all taxes that you want to be included in the listed sales price of products on your website.
The Notice field in this section lets you specify a message that appears on your website informing your customers about the taxes that you collect. You can also choose where the notice is displayed.
- When done configuring, click Save.