You might stock some pre-printed items that you want to sell as is. These are not necessarily blank products that you want to offer for sale with a pre-determined decoration that gets printed after the customers purchase them. The recommendation is to add the product to your system as a custom blank product.
Watch the following video to see how to add pre-printed or non-decorated products. Read below for written instructions.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
- If you wish to have customized product images, these should be ready prior to commencing
To add a custom blank product:
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website.
- Browse to Admin > Products.
- Click Add Product, then select Add Custom Product.
The main work area contains the settings for configuring a new custom product:
Click the image to enlarge.
- Product Group - select a product group from the dropdown menu. Product groups allow you to set default behaviors for groups of products. They save you from having to configure common settings for products individually.
- Product name - give your product a name.
- Product code - if you use a code to store and record your product, enter it here.
- Number of colors is the number of color areas that can be changed on the product
- When ready, click Save.
Once the basic product identifier information is entered, the next task will be to specify views of the product that appear in the online store and in the designer.
- Select a product view option:
- DecoNetwork Templates - use an existing template image, which will have colors that update according to color selections users make.
- Single image for all colors - upload an image that will represent all product colors and cannot change to reflect the user's selection.
- Separate image for each color - if you cannot make a PSD template, consider this option which is to have a separate image for each available color the product is available in.
- Your own custom template - upload your own custom template. (For instructions on how to create your own custom template, see the How Do I... Create a Custom Product Image Template with dynamic recoloring help article).
- Do not use an image - choose this option if an image is not available or cannot be sourced.
- Depending on your choice in the previous step, you will have to either select a product image or upload an image or images. If you have uploaded or used a template file or image series, you will also have to choose a default color (or colors) for the product.
- Once the product view image has been configured, decoration areas must be defined. You may be able to select from a series of predefined decoration areas if suitable, otherwise, you may define your own. Chosen decoration areas must be dragged into the appropriate location on the product image so that selected decorations are applied to the correct place on the product.
- When done, click Save.
You will now be taken to the regular product configuration page with the data you have entered already in place. Although the product is in DecoNetwork, it is not yet configured. At a minimum, it will need pricing if you wish to make the item saleable. Pricing is located in the inner menu of your product view.
Ultimately, the amount of information you enter into the product is up to you. For more information, see the Products Overview article for details of all available configuration options.