Barcode functionality in DecoNetwork allows you to load directly into an order or production item and perform actions like print worksheets, change production status, mark items as completed or shipped etc. Check the list of suggestions below if you're having trouble getting the Business Hub to perform barcode actions.
Barcodes from the action sheet are not working:
- Try clearing your browser cache and reload Business Hub to make sure you have the latest platform changes to support barcode scanning.
- If your barcode action sheet includes long barcodes, try printing a new action sheet as we've adjusted barcodes to be shorter and easier to scan.
- Make sure your scanner is reading the right content from the barcode in the first place. You can test this by opening up a text document in Notepad/TextEdit and scanning there. You should see something like .DH546165E or .DRLE (or a slight variation of) if you don't see something similar your scanner might be in the wrong language or mode.
- If your output is similar but in lowercase instead .dh546165e or .drle your scanner may be in lowercase mode and you'll need to reset the case sensitivity.
- If your scanner has an "Add Enter" option which adds a return after each key press, make sure it wasn't enabled. If you are unsure, you can scan the reset parameters code from your settings booklet to revert scanner settings back to default and start the configuration again.
Barcode at the top of the production worksheet is not working:
- If you’re having trouble scanning the production worksheet barcode, check if your worksheet template has been customized. Once you customize a print template, you stop receiving updates to it. It may be the case that you customized your worksheet a while ago and didn't receive the update with new barcodes on it. You will need to update your worksheet template by starting with a copy of the default template and reapplying any desired modifications.
Article is closed for comments.