This article applies specifically to the Essentials plan. Users on higher plans should read the Decoration Areas help article instead.
Decoration areas are the areas on a product that can be decorated. DecoNetwork has pre-defined sets of standard decoration areas for a range of popular product types. Each of the product types that have common decoration areas forms a product category. (Note that these categories do not relate to the product categories used to organize products added to your system). These decoration areas can be applied to the products that you add to your DecoNetwork system. Products that are selected via catalog will automatically have decoration areas applied for you.
In the Essentials plan, you can configure decoration categories and modify the default decoration areas that can be applied to each product category. The changes will be applied globally to all products that use the decoration area. Changes you can make include adding new categories, renaming decoration areas, turning decoration areas on/off for each product category, changing the dimensions of each decoration area, choosing which decoration processes each decoration area is applicable for, and adding new decoration areas for each category.
This feature is available on the Decoration Areas page.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
To Configure Product Decoration Categories and Decoration Areas:
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website
- Browse to Admin > Products.
- Select Decoration Areas.
The main work area contains a list of existing product decoration categories that may be edited or added to.
- Configure the decoration areas as required.
- Add Category lets you define a name category Name. Click OK when done. The new category can be configured by clicking Edit.
- Edit lets you configure a category. The edit screen shows a list of defined decoration areas for the category.
- When the checkbox (leftmost column) for a decoration area is ticked, the area will be made available for decoration on the product.
- The small graphic displays the location of the decoration area on the product.
- Name is a label describing the decoration area. The number next to the name is the number of products using that decoration area. Thus by modifying the decoration area, you are simultaneously modifying the number of products indicated.
- rename lets you change the name of the decoration area.
- Dimensions sets the Height and Width of the decoration area. This must suit what your equipment is capable of producing.
- Processes lists the decoration processes that are capable of using the decoration area, as indicated by the presence of the checkbox being toggled to ON.
- The arrowed handle allows you to rearrange the order of decoration areas by dragging and dropping to move a decoration area up or down in the list.
- Delete lets you remove a decoration area for the category you are editing. (Only custom decoration areas can be removed).
- Add Area lets add a new decoration area for the category you are editing.
- When you are done, click Save.
The modified decoration areas will be applied to every manually added product and every catalog product you have activated. This may take several minutes - time to grab a coffee!