Internal notes allow you to relay important information about a customer to other staff members. You can add an internal note that is only visible to staff to a customer record during its creation or at any time after the customer record has been created. You can also attach files with the note. Internal notes are recorded with the user name of the note creator and displayed in the sidebar at the right of a customer record.
- You must have Administrator, Sales Manager or Sales Team permission to use this feature.
To add an internal note to a customer record:
- Log into your DecoNetwork website.
- Browse to Business Hub > Customers.
- Click View to open a customer account you want to edit.
You can also click anywhere within a customer's row to load it.
- Click on the Create button beside the Internal Notes heading following the actions section at the right of the page.
- Enter a note in the Note textbox.
You can attach a file to accompany the note by clicking on the Attach New File button.
Keep in mind, when attaching files, that some email service providers have a limit on file size for attachments.
- Click okay.
After it has been created, the note is displayed at the right of the page, under the Internal Notes heading. If a file was attached to the note, it will appear under the note as a thumbnail if it is a graphics file or as a link if it is another file type. Clicking on the thumbnail/link will allow you to download the file.
You can edit the note by hovering the mouse pointer over the note and clicking on the Edit icon that appears at the left of the note.
You can also delete the note in this way by clicking on the delete icon.
A note icon is displayed beside the customer's name on the Customers page to indicate that there are notes in the customer record.