The Payment Methods screen is where you set up the methods of taking payments that you will allow customers to use when purchasing from your web stores. You can set up a payment gateway for credit card transactions you support, set up alternative payment processing such as PayPal, and also set up manual payment methods.
Setting up a Payment Gateway will enable customers to pay for orders by credit card in your web stores and will allow you to process credit card payments in Business Hub. PayPal can be configured to have the customer checkout through the PayPal site or you can configure PayPal payments to be accepted directly on your website. Manual methods of taking payments you can set up include in-person payments, bank transfers, and check.
Your affiliate stores will use these settings as the methods of payment they also accept.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
In this article, you will learn how...
- To view the currently configured payment methods
- To configure the Payment Gateway
- To configure alternative payment methods
- To Grant DecoNetwork API Authentication Permissions for your PayPal Account
- To configure available credit cards
- To configure manual payment methods
To view the currently configured payment methods:
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website.
- Browse to Admin > Settings.
Select Payment Methods.
The main work area will display your currently selected payment gateway in the top panel, currently configured alternative payment methods in the next panel, followed by available credit cards, and currently configured manual payment methods in the bottom panel.
To configure the Payment Gateway
- Click Edit in the Current Payment Gateway panel.
The current payment gateway settings are displayed in the main work area.
By default, the Test Gateway is selected.
The Test gateway is a special gateway that allows for the purchase of test orders and uses a dummy set of credit card details to conduct purchases. When you are ready, this should be changed to your actual gateway to start conducting your business online. Most gateways will allow you to configure their own gateways in test mode to confirm your settings are correct.
- Click on the Change Payment Gateway button to choose a different payment gateway.
The Select Payment Gateway page will be loaded, allowing you to choose the payment gateway you want to use. DecoNetwork supports a number of payment gateways, each one with its own signup requirements.
- Select the Gateway you want to use.
When selecting a payment gateway, a Details popup will be displayed showing a description of the gateway, a link to their website,
- Click on the Select [gateway name] button to confirm your choice.
The Configure Payment Gateway page will be loaded with the configuration areas that you must complete to connect to that gateway.
Click here to see details of the configuration options for each supported payment gateway.
- Click Save to save the settings.
To configure alternative payment methods
- Click Edit in the Alternative Payment Methods panel.
The currently configured alternative payment methods are displayed in the main work area.
- Click on the Add Alternative Payment Method button to choose a different payment gateway.
The Select Alternative Payment Method page will be loaded, allowing you to choose an alternative payment method you want to add.
- Select the payment method you want to add.
When selecting a payment method, a Details popup will be displayed showing a description of the gateway, a link to their website,
- Click on the Select [alternative method name] button to confirm your choice.
The New Alternative Payment Method page will be loaded with the configuration areas that you must complete to enable the payment method.
- Configure the payment method settings
PayPal Website Payments Standard (New)
PayPal Website Payments Standard is a free payment processing service provided by PayPal. Customers add items to the shopping cart on your website and are taken to a PayPal payment page. They choose to pay by card or log in to PayPal where they can choose from their linked cards or bank accounts. They enter or select their shipping address, confirm the payment and return to your site.
Configure the PayPal Website Payments Standard settings:
- PayPal account: This is the email address you used to register for your PayPal business account.
- Page Style: This field lets you enter the name of a custom page from your PayPal account to use as the payment page. Leave this field blank to use your primary page style.
- Use dynamic header image: This is ignored unless you have specified a page style. If the page style is not blank and this option is set to Yes, DecoNetwork will generate a dynamic header image to be used on the payment page. Set this option to No if you do not want to use a dynamic header image.
- Funds Capture: This field allows you to choose when funds are captured:
- Capture funds at the time sale/payment is made: when this option is selected, funds will be captured when buyers confirm the order, i.e. money will be collected at the time of sale.
- Only authorize funds at the time sale/payment is made, capture funds at the time the order is completed/marked shipped: when this option is selected, authorization is granted at the time of sale, but funds will only be captured when the order is shipped.
- Override Address: Choose Yes to override the Paypal account address with the address entered by the customer at checkout. This will allow you to have a verified address as PayPal does an address verification but may cause problems during checkout if the customer has entered an invalid address. We recommend leaving this option set to No to avoid errors.
- Use Unique Invoice Number: This field allows you to ensure Invoice numbers are unique by appending a suffix to the invoice number in the case where multiple payments are made for an order.
Afterpay is a "buy now, pay later" platform that allows the customer to receive the goods before they have finished paying for them. You. the merchant, receive the payment upfront. The customer makes payments to Afterpay in four equal, interest-free installments. The customer pays the first 25% at the time of purchase and pays the balance every two weeks.
Afterpay is available in Australia, New Zealand, and the USA. Visit the Afterpay website for more information about the platform.
Configure the Afterpay settings:
In order to use Afterpay, you must have an Afterpay merchant account and must have obtained test and integration credentials.
The steps to set up Afterpay are as follows:
- Apply for an Afterpay Merchant Account. Click here to complete the merchant application if you are an Australian customer. Click here if you are a New Zealand customer.
Afterpay will provide you with a list of solution requirements that must be confirmed. Since DecoNetwork has already covered all the requirements, these can be confirmed straight away.
- Once the solution requirements are confirmed, Afterpay will provide you with a sandbox account for testing the Afterpay integration on your website along with test instructions.
- Go to the Payment Methods page in DecoNetwork and click on the Edit button to load the configuration page for Afterpay.
Configure the Afterpay settings using the test credentials provided by Afterpay.
- Merchant ID: This is the unique identification number of your Afterpay account.
- Merchant Key: This key, supplied by Afterpay, is equivalent to a password for connecting to Afterpay.
- Minimum Amount: This field lets you specify the minimum order amount for an order to be eligible for Afterpay.
- Maximum Amount: This field lets you specify the maximum order amount over which an order will not be eligible for Afterpay.
- Mode: Choose whether you want the Afterpay payment option to be live or in testing mode. If you choose Testing mode, you can test purchases using Afterpay without credit cards getting billed.
- Click on the Location menu item to choose the countries you want Afterpay to be available in.
Tick the Available in all countries checkbox if you want Afterpay to be available to all countries.
If you want Afterpay to only be available in particular countries, untick the checkbox and select the countries you want Afterpay to be limited to.
- Click Save.
- Once Afterpay is enabled in DecoNetwork, contact Afterpay to schedule a SAT (Solution Acceptance Test).
Once Afterpay has performed and approved the SAT, they will provide production credentials that will allow you to take Afterpay live on your website.
- Return to the Afterpay Configuration page, enter the production credentials, and click Save.
Once Afterpay has been successfully configured, Afterpay will appear as an extra payment option on the Checkout Page and on the Payment Page of the customer account area.
PayPal Express Checkout
Not available with PayPal Website Payments Standard (New).
The PayPal Express Checkout alternative payment method allows your customers to complete transactions in very few steps using the PayPal checkout process on PayPal's website. Customers click Check out with PayPal and log in to their PayPal account. They confirm pre-populated shipping and payment details on a PayPal-hosted page, then return to your website to complete the remainder of the checkout process.
Configure the PayPal Express settings:
To enable PayPal Express Checkout you will require a Paypal username and need to authorize DecoNetwork API permissions to conduct transactions in the PayPal system using your account.
To Grant DecoNetwork API Authentication Permissions for your PayPal Account:
- Log into your PayPal account.
- Visit https://www.paypal.com/api
- Look under Pre-built payment solution and Select Grant API permission.
- Enter the following into the Third Party Permissions Username field:
- Click the Look up button.
- Enable the following permissions:
- Use Express Checkout to process payments.
- Issue a refund for a specific transaction.
- Process your customers' credit or debit card payments.
- Authorize and capture your PayPal transactions.
- Obtain information about a single transaction.
- Initiate transactions to multiple recipients in a single batch.
- Click the Save button.
To configure available credit cards
- Click Edit in the Available Credit Cards panel.
The available credit cards are displayed in the main work area.
- Tick the checkboxes of the credit cards you want to accept.
Available credit cards will differ depending on the Payment Gateway selected.
- Click the Save button.
To configure manual payment methods
- Scroll down to the manual payment methods section at the bottom of the Payment Methods page.
- You can either delete or edit presently configured manual payment methods, using the Delete and Edit buttons, or add a new method with the New Payment Method button.
Settings for editing and adding a new payment method are the same:
- Configure the manual payment methods as required.
- Name your payment method.
- Active for Web enables the method in Web stores.
- Active for Business Hub enables the method in Business Hub.
- Cash on Delivery/Pickup defines the payment method as being a cash on delivery (COD) method.
- Description is displayed when a customer selects the payment method during the checkout process.
- Instructions are displayed to the customer at the checkout confirmation stage, and also sent to them in the order confirmation.
- Include in Banking Report means the selected payment method will appear in the banking report, which is intended as a report of deposits being manually made into a bank or financial institution. Therefore, payments received via the payment gateway will not appear on the banking report. You have the option of disabling this payment appearing in the report as it may represent a credit facility that is an unsupported or external payment gateway - such as a credit card swipe machine in your business premises.
- Reporting Fields add extra information about the payment method in the banking report. For example a location or branch identifier.
Availability settings let you configure the stores or group of stores where the payment type can be used in both the web store and in Business Hub.
- Global: lets you toggle the global availability of the payment method.
- This is available in all stores by default: select this option to make this payment method available in the storefront and in Business Hub for all stores.
- This is not in any store by default: select this option to hide the availability of this payment method from the storefront and from Business Hub for all stores.
- Group: determines which stores can access the payment type as determined by their group setting. You can see what groups have access set and edit them or click Add Rule to create a new group-based rule. The rules will either specifically include or exclude the group from access to the payment method.
- Store: sets availability on the basis of explicitly denying or allowing specific stores access to the payment type.
(D) seen after the store name indicates that the store has been deleted.
- When done, click the Save button.