The Payment Methods screen is where you set up the methods of taking payments that you will allow customers to use when purchasing from your web stores. You can set up a payment gateway for credit card transactions you support, set up payment processing using PayPal and also set up manual payment methods.
Setting up a Payment Gateway will enable customers to pay for orders by credit card in your web stores and will allow you to process credit card payments in Business Hub. PayPal can be configured to have the customer checkout through the PayPal site or you can configure PayPal payments to be accepted directly on your website. Manual methods of taking payments you can set up include in-person payments, bank transfer, and check.
Your affiliate stores will use these settings as the methods of payment they also accept.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
To view the currently configured payment methods:
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website.
- Browse to Admin > Settings.
Select Payment Methods.
The main work area will display your currently selected payment gateway in the top panel and currently configured manual payment methods in the bottom panel.
To configure the Payment Gateway
- Click Edit in the Current Payment Gateway panel.
The current payment gateway settings are displayed in the main work area.
The Gateway field lets you choose the payment gateway you want to use. DecoNetwork supports a number of payment gateways, each one with their own signup requirements.
- Select the Gateway you want to use.
When selecting a payment gateway, you will be shown a description of the gateway, a link to their website, and configuration areas that you must complete to connect to that gateway.
Click here to see details of the configuration options for each supported payment gateway.
A special gateway called Test gateway allows for the purchase of test orders and uses a dummy set of credit card details to conduct purchases. When you are ready, this should be changed to your actual gateway to start conducting your business online. Most gateways will allow you to configure their own gateways in test mode to confirm your settings are correct.
- Tick the checkboxes of the credit cards you want to accept.
Available credit cards will differ depending the Payment Gateway selected.
- Optionally, set up PayPal Express.
Not available with PayPal Website Payments Standard (New).
The Allow PayPal Express Checkout checkbox, when checked, allows your customers to complete transactions in very few steps using the PayPal checkout process on PayPal's website. Customers click Check out with PayPal and log in to their PayPal account. They confirm pre-populated shipping and payment details on a PayPal-hosted page, then return to your website to complete the remainder of the checkout process.
To enable this you will require a Paypal username and need to authorize DecoNetwork API permissions to conduct transactions in the PayPal system using your account.
To Grant DecoNetwork API Authentication Permissions for your PayPal Account:
- Log into your PayPal account.
- Visit https://www.paypal.com/api
- Look under Pre-built payment solution and Select Grant API permission.
- Enter the following into the Third Party Permissions Username field:
- Click the Look up button.
- Enable the following permissions:
- Use Express Checkout to process payments.
- Issue a refund for a specific transaction.
- Process your customers' credit or debit card payments.
- Authorize and capture your PayPal transactions.
- Obtain information about a single transaction.
- Initiate transactions to multiple recipients in a single batch.
- Click the Save button.
To configure manual payment methods
- Log in to your Fulfillment Center Admin.
- Select Settings > Payment Methods.
- Scroll down to the manual payment methods section at the bottom of the page.
- You can either delete or edit presently configured manual payment methods, using the Delete and Edit buttons, or add a new method with the New Payment Method button.
Settings for editing and adding a new payment method are the same:
- Configure the manual payment methods as required.
- Name your payment method.
- Active for Web enables the method in Web stores.
- Active for Business Hub enables the method in Business Hub.
- Cash on Delivery/Pickup defines the payment method as being a cash on delivery (COD) method.
- Description is displayed when a customer selects the payment method during the checkout process.
- Instructions are displayed to the customer at the checkout confirmation stage, and also sent to them in the order confirmation.
- Include in Banking Report means the selected payment method will appear in the banking report, which is intended as a report of deposits being manually made into a bank or financial institution. Therefore, payments received via payment gateway will not appear on the banking report. You have the option of disabling this payment appearing in the report as it may represent a credit facility that is an unsupported or external payment gateway - such as a credit card swipe machine in your business premises.
- Reporting Fields add extra information about the payment method in the banking report. For example a location or branch identifier.
Availability settings let you configure the stores or group of stores where the payment type can be used in both the web store and in Business Hub.
- Global: lets you toggle the global availability of the payment method.
- This is available in all stores by default: select this option to make this payment method available in the storefront and in Business Hub for all stores.
- This is not in any store by default: select this option to hide the availability of this payment method from the storefront and from Business Hub for all stores.
- Group: determines which stores can access the payment type as determined by their group setting. You can see what groups have access set and edit them or click Add Rule to create a new group-based rule. The rules will either specifically include or exclude the group from access to the payment method.
- Store: sets availability on the basis of explicitly denying or allowing specific stores access to the payment type.
- When done, click the Save button.