Volume Discounts are an additional method to provide bulk order discounting outside of price tables or other methods that apply at the product level. Volume discounts can be configured on either a per order line or per order (as a whole) basis. A volume discount can be made a default, which can apply globally to all products. If not set as a global default, it can be applied to a product group, if the Product Groups app is enabled. It can also be applied on a product by product basis.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
To Configure Volume Discounts:
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website.
- Browse to Admin > Products.
- Select Volume Discounts.
The main work area lists your presently configured volume discounts, which may be edited or deleted by clicking their respective buttons. In the top bar is a button to add a volume discount.
- Click on the Add Discount button to configure a new discount or click on the Edit button beside an existing discount to edit it.
The discount configuration screen is displayed.
- Configure the discount as required.
Each volume discount shares a common configuration screen, be it a new volume discount or an existing one. The configuration screen contains two tabs.
The General tab is where you configure the details of the volume discount.
- Name: lets you specify a name for the discount.
- Is Default Discount Configuration: when this checkbox is ticked, the volume discount will be enabled and will be applied to all products.
- Apply to base price only (don't include decorations): this sub-option will be available when the option above is ticked. Tick this checkbox if you want to apply the volume discount to base prices only, and not to the decorations applied.
- Discounts apply over:
- Each Line Item: count products in each line item individually to determine what discount level applies; or
- All order items: count all products in the order to determine what discount level applies; or
- All order items using same design: counts all line items in the order which use the same set of designs and/or screens to determine what discount level applies.
The set of designs and screens on an item need to match the set of designs and screens on another item in order for the discount to apply. The discount still applies if the size and placement of the design differ.
If text is added to another item using the same design, then the system considers this to break the match and the discount will not apply.
This section lets you set up how much discount is offered for how much product is being sold. Clicking Add Discount Level puts a new tier in place, and the More Than and Discount boxes determine the product volume and discount levels. Click Remove to delete the discount tier.
The Availability tab lets you choose the stores in which the volume discount being configured is applied.
These settings will automatically apply the volume discount in the stores you specify. They will not make the volume discount available at the store level for affiliates to turn on and off.
Global options set the default behavior of where the discount is being applied.
- This is available in all stores by default: this option applies the volume discount to all stores by default.
- This is not in any store by default: this option prevents the volume discount from being applied in any stores by default.
Group settings let you set the store group(s) to which the volume discount will be applied. (Store groups are set under Admin > Websites > Store Groups and Admin > Websites > Manage > Administration > Group Settings). Use this setting to configure exceptions to the Global setting.
Store settings let you set the application of the volume discount on a store by store basis. Use this setting to configure exceptions to the Global setting.
- When you are done, click Save.