This article discusses setting up or modifying the default decoration areas that appear on products. As decorations can be applied to products which are not in any way alike, for example an adult top is not like a bag, decoration areas are broken up into decoration area categories to make them more easily recognisable when searching for a decoration area to apply to a product. These categories do not relate to product categories. Products that are selected via catalog will automatically have decoration areas applied for you. You may reconfigure the default decoration categories and decoration areas to suit your business practices and equipment as required.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
To Configure Product Decoration Categories and Decoration Areas:
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website
- Browse to Admin > Products.
- Select Decoration Areas.
The main work area contains a list of existing product decoration categories which may be editted or added to.
- Add Category lets you define a name category Name. Press OK when done. The new category can be configured by pressing Edit.
- Edit lets you configure a category. The edit screen shows a list of defined decoration areas for the category.
- A decoration with a checkbox set to ON will be made available as a decoration area.
- The small graphic displays the location of the decoration area on the product.
- Name is a label describing the decoration area. The number next to the name is the number of products using that decoration area. Thus by modifying the decoration area, you are simultaneously modifying this many products.
- Rename lets you change the name of the decoration area.
- Dimensions sets the Height and Width of the decoration area. This must suit what your equipment is capable of producing.
- Processes lists the decoration processes that are capable of using the decoration area, as indicated by the presence of the checkbox being toggled to ON.
- The arrowed handle may be dragged and dropped to move the decoration area up or down the list of available areas.
- When you are done press Save.
The modified decoration areas will be applied to every product in every catalog you have selected and this may take several minutes - time to grab a coffee!