Decoration areas are the areas on a product that can be decorated. DecoNetwork has pre-defined sets of standard decoration areas for a range of popular product types. Each of the product types that have common decoration areas forms a product category. (Note that these categories do not relate to the product categories used to organize products added to your system). These decoration areas can be applied to the products that you add to your DecoNetwork system. Products that are selected via catalog will automatically have decoration areas applied for you.
You can reconfigure the default decoration categories and decoration areas to suit your business practices and equipment as required. The changes will be applied globally to all products that use the decoration area. Changes you can make include adding new categories, renaming decoration areas, turning decoration areas on/off for each product category, changing the dimensions of each decoration area, choosing which decoration processes each decoration area is applicable for, and adding new decoration areas for each category.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
To Configure Product Decoration Categories and Decoration Areas:
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website
- Browse to Admin > Products.
- Select Decoration Areas.
The main work area contains a list of existing product decoration categories that may be edited or added to.
- Configure the decoration areas as required.
- Add Category lets you define a name category Name. Click OK when done. The new category can be configured by clicking Edit.
- Edit lets you configure a category. The edit screen shows a list of defined decoration areas for the category.
- A decoration area with the checkbox set to ON will make the area on the product available for decoration.
- The small graphic displays the location of the decoration area on the product.
- Name is a label describing the decoration area. The number next to the name is the number of products using that decoration area. Thus by modifying the decoration area, you are simultaneously modifying the number of products indicated.
- rename lets you change the name of the decoration area.
- Dimensions sets the Height and Width of the decoration area. This must suit what your equipment is capable of producing.
- Processes lists the decoration processes that are capable of using the decoration area, as indicated by the presence of the checkbox being toggled to ON.
- The arrowed handle may be dragged and dropped to move the decoration area up or down to rearrange its order in the list.
- Delete lets you remove a decoration area for the category you are editing. (Only custom decoration areas can be removed).
- Add Area lets add a new decoration area for the category you are editing.
- When you are done, click Save.
The modified decoration areas will be applied to every manually added product and every catalog product you have activated. This may take several minutes - time to grab a coffee!
How do you add a decoration area? For instance, we want to add "Neck label" as an option. I added the neck area, but was not able to define the actual location of the area.
Admin - products - [select a product] - Views and Decoration Areas
For the view (front / back / etc) press Add Area.
At the bottom of this screen (scroll down) choose "or, define a new area"
Following this process will save a new area which can be used on other products.
Good luck and happy decorating!
Thanks @adam! How do you then add it in bulk? I went to "Decoration Areas" but that area is not defined there... I want to be able to add a neck label to all apparel screen printed items. See below it was added to a specific product, but doesn't show up
To make the area available to multiple products, go to Products - Decoration Areas and define it in there. The area will then be available for products of the same type as the category you add the area to (that will make sense when you see the screen). Make sure you save the new decoration area and then go back to your product(s) to add it.
The placement will need to be turned on for every product and confirmed as the right location though - as no two products are exactly alike it can't be totally automatic. For example a neck label on a scarf is not in the same spot as a shirt. However the defined area (Neck Label in your case) will be available to quickly add as a decoration placement area.
Is it possible to use Product Groups to assign a custom design area as default to a bulk amount of different products?
If product groups contained decoration area settings it would be a logical thing to be able to define the default area. However as product groups do not have any decoration area settings attached to them, the answer is unfortunately no.
This should be a feature.
Please sign in to leave a comment.