Authorize.Net is a solution by United States-based payment gateway service provider allowing merchants to accept credit card and electronic check (echeck) payments through their website and over an Internet Protocol connection.
DecoNetwork does not support echecks through the Authorize.Net payment gateway. Only credit card payments are supported.
You must have administrator access to use this feature
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website.
- Browse to Admin > Settings.
Select Payment Methods.
The main work area will display your currently selected payment gateway in the top panel, currently configured alternative payment methods in the next panel, followed by available credit cards, and currently configured manual payment methods in the bottom panel.
- Click Edit in the Current Payment Gateway panel.
The current payment gateway settings are displayed in the main work area.
- Click on the Change Payment Gateway button at the right of the breadcrumb bar.
The Select Payment Gateway page will be displayed.
- Click on the Authorize.Net tile.
The Authorize.Net payment gateway details will be displayed in a popup.
- Click on the Select Authorize.Net button to confirm your choice.
The Configure Payment Gateway page will be loaded with the configuration areas that you must complete to connect to that gateway.
- Configure the payment gateway options.
API login ID
This is the unique identification number of your Authorize.Net account, used to connect your website to the Authorized.Net Payment Gateway for transaction processing.
The transaction key is a 16-character system-generated code, similar to a password, used to authenticate requests submitted to the Authorize.Net Payment Gateway.
To obtain an API login ID and Transaction Key:
- Go to the Authorize.Net website and log into your Authorize.Net account
- Click Account from the main toolbar
- Click Settings in the main menu on the left-hand side
- Click API Credentials & Keys
Your API Login ID is displayed on the page if one has been generated already. If not, enter your Secret Answer. (You should have configured a Secret Question and Secret Answer during account activation). The API Login ID will then be generated.
- Select New Transaction Key.
- Click Submit to continue.
Your new Transaction Key is displayed.
This field allows you to set whether the payment gateway is live or in testing mode. If you choose Testing mode, you can test purchases using the gateway without credit cards getting billed.
This field allows you to choose when funds are captured:
- Capture funds at the time sale/payment is made: when this option is selected, funds will be captured when buyers confirm the order, i.e. money will be collected at the time of sale.
- Only authorize funds at the time sale/payment is made, capture funds at the time the order is completed/marked shipped: when this option is selected, authorization is granted at the time of sale, but funds will only be captured when the order is shipped.
This is the description of the goods purchased as it will appear in a transaction. The variable, [SITE], will display the domain name of your site and the variable, [ORDER_NUMBER] will display the number of the order in the transaction description.
You can use [SITE_NAME] in place of [SITE]. [SITE_NAME] displays the site name as specified in the Website Pages Editor. This variable is useful if your site URL is particularly long a exceeds the length limit of the Transaction Description field.
- When done, click the Save button.