This article instructs you on how to set the store availability for custom customer fields that are used in the checkout and signup processes.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
- You must have the Customer Fields app enabled
To set the store availability for custom customer fields:
- Browse to Admin > Settings > Customer Settings > Customer Fields
The availability of the customer record to all stores is set via the All Stores checkbox, which by default is ticked.
You can only set the store availability of custom customer fields. System fields will always be available for all stores.
- Set the availability of each custom customer field as required.
- Leave the All Stores field ticked if you want a customer field to be available for all stores.
- If you want a customer field to only be available for particular store groups or individual stores:
- Un-tick the All Stores checkbox to reveal a Select Stores link.
- Click on the Select Stores link to load the Select Stores popup allowing you to configure which stores will use the customer field.
- Tick the checkbox of the store group(s) you want the customer field to be available in.
Click on the Add Store button to choose individual stores that the customer field will be available in. The list of affiliate stores will be revealed along with some search fields.
Tick the checkboxes of the stores that you want the customer field to be available in. Use the search fields to search for a particular store.
Click on the Add Selected Stores button once you have selected the required stores.
- Click OK in the Select Stores popup.
- Click on the Save button to save the changes.