This article instructs you on how to define the usage of customer fields across the system.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
- You must have the Customer Fields app enabled
To define the usage of customer fields across the system:
- Browse to Admin > Settings > Customer Settings > Customer Fields
- Click Define Field Usage.
You will be presented with a matrix of customer fields, where they appear, and how they are used.
- Configure the field usage by ticking the Visible and Required checkboxes for each field in each area of the system as required.
Some options are not editable as they are required by the system for normal operation. Making an option Visible means that it will be available for the user to fill in. Making that option Required means the user must provide input for that field, and failing to provide input will reject the form being submitted with an error telling the user what they have done incorrectly.
- Click on the Close button in the Define Field Usage popup.
- Click on the Save button to save the changes.