You can raise a purchase order directly within a sales order in Business Hub. The system will automatically create a purchase order for the products needed to fulfill the order, saving you time on data entry and reducing errors.
- You must have Administrator, Sales Manager or Sales Team permission to use this feature.
- "By default all products go to purchase ordering" must be checked in the Purchase Order Workflow Settings.
- You must have suppliers defined in your Fulfillment Center settings for the products ordered.
- Payment terms for the order must be met.
To raise a purchase order within an order:
- Log into your DecoNetwork website.
- Browse to Business Hub > Orders.
- Click View to load the orde you want to raise a purchase order for.
You can also click anywhere within a row to load the order, except on the customer name. Clicking on the customer name loads the customer record.
- Click on Raise Purchase Order in the Order Actions menu.
Click on the Production tab, click on the cell in the Ordered column of the line item you want to order products for, then click on "Create purchase order" in the tooltip that appears.
The Raise Purchase Order popup will be displayed, listing the suppliers that the purchase orders will be raised for.If there are existing purchase orders for a particular supplier that have not been sent, you will be given the option to raise a new purchase order or to merge with an existing purchase order.
- If given the choice, select an option
- Raise a new PO
- Merge into existing PO
- Click Okay.
A purchase order is created on the Production > Purchase Orders page for each supplier, listing the codes, colors, sizes, and quantities of the products required.
- For each purchase order
- Click Save Purchase Order.
- Click SendPurchase Order to email the purchase order to the supplier.
The Send Purchase Order action will not be available if live ordering is not enabled. Enable live ordering by going to Products > Supplier Account Details > Edit Supplier. See Live ordering settings for more details.
If you raise a purchase order for an existing order after enabling live ordering, an Enable Live Ordering checkbox will appear in the purchase order form shown at step 6. It will be ticked by default. You can un-tick it prior to saving to disable live ordering for the purchase order.