You can create purchase orders to purchase inventory required to fulfill your sales orders, with a single click, from the Purchase Orders page in Business Hub. Items ordered by your customers will be listed as items requiring purchase orders, grouped by supplier, on the Purchase Orders page. When you initiate the Create Purchase Order command, the system will automatically generate purchase orders for each supplier for the products needed to fulfill your production-ready orders, saving you time on data entry and reducing errors.
- You must have Administrator and/or Purchasing permission to use this feature.
- "By default, all products go to purchase ordering" must be checked in the Purchase Order Workflow Settings.
- You must have suppliers defined in your Fulfillment Center settings for the products ordered.
To create an automatic purchase order:
- Log into your DecoNetwork website.
- Browse to Business Hub > Purchase Orders.
There is an indication at the top of the page of the total number of items requiring purchase orders. If the items are supplied by different vendors, the system will list the vendors you need to order from, along with the number of items required from each vendor.
- Select a vendor.
- Click on the Create Purchase Order button.
The Raise Purchase Order popup will be displayed, listing the supplier that the purchase order will be raised for.If there are existing purchase orders for a particular supplier that have not been sent, you will be given the option to raise a new purchase order or to merge with an existing purchase order.
- If given the choice, select an option:
- Raise a new Purchase Order
- Merge into existing Purchase Order
- Click Okay.
A purchase order is created, listing the codes, colors, sizes, and quantities of the products required.
You can choose which products to leave out of the purchase order by unticking the checkbox in the left-most column. By default, all products are selected.
The checkbox at the top of the checkbox column allows you to deselect/select all products at once.
- Click Save Purchase Order.
- Click Send Purchase Order to send the purchase order to the supplier.
The Send Purchase Order action will not be available if the supplier account details have not been set up and there is no email address associated with the supplier.
Go to Products > Supplier Account Details > Edit Supplier to set up the supplier account details.
- Select the method for sending the purchase order.
- Live Send: Send purchase order directly to the supplier's ordering system
- Email: Send purchase order via email
The Live Send option will not be available if live ordering is not enabled.
Enable live ordering by going to Products > Supplier Account Details > Edit Supplier.
If you raise a purchase order for an existing order after enabling live ordering, an Enable Live Ordering checkbox will appear in the purchase order form shown at step 6. It will be ticked by default. You can un-tick it prior to saving to disable live ordering for the purchase order.
- Click send.
If you have live ordering set up, a Supplier Tracking number is returned from the live order system after the purchase order has been successfully sent. To view the Supplier Tracking number, open the purchase order and download the Purchase Order PDF.