DeconNetwork supports all the major decoration methods available for decorating your products, including DTG (direct to garment) Printing, Sublimation, Embroidery, Screen Printing, Transfer, Rhinestone templates, and DTF (direct to film) Printing. Each decoration process has its own set of configuration options. The decoration processes your Fulfillment Center supports will require configuration to ensure it matches your business use case.
The configuration options for each decoration process are divided into the following categories:
- Price Tables
- Production Settings
- Designer Settings
- Color Palettes
- Smart Select Rules
- Artwork Fee
Click on the decoration process name to show the categories for the process you want to configure.
This document describes the General settings. A separate help article is available for each of the other areas. The General tab sets some of the basic properties of each process.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
To configure your decoration process general settings:
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website.
- Browse to Admin > Decoration Processes.
- Select a decoration process, then click General.
The general settings for your selected decoration process will be shown in the main work area.
- Configure the settings as required.
Configure process name
Ticking Rename process will allow inline editing of the process name in the Name box. The process name is how DecoNetwork will refer to the selected process through the system and in the store.
Configure process abbreviation
Ticking Rename abbreviation will allow editing of the process abbreviation in the Abbreviation box. The process abbreviation is how DecoNetwork will abbreviate the selected process through the system and in the store.
Configure process description
Ticking Rename description will allow editing of the process description in the Description box. The process description appears in the Select Process popup on the Design-On-Product page and in the Select Type of Design popup in the Online Designer.
The Minimum quantity field lets you specify a minimum quantity that must be ordered to use this decoration process.
Number of Colors (Screen Printing Only)
The settings in this section let you specify the maximum colors allowed for user-uploaded designs and for stock designs from the decoration library. Stock designs that exceed the maximum number of colors specified will not be available in the storefront and in Business Hub for the screen printing decoration process.
- Max colors allowed: This setting allows you to set the maximum number of colors allowed in the designs that customers upload for screen printing. User-uploaded images that exceed the maximum will be reduced to the maximum color limit.
- Default 'Max colors for decoration library' to 'Max colors allowed': Tick this checkbox if you want the maximum colors allowed for designs from the decoration library to be made available for screen printing to default to the maximum colors allowed specified for user-uploaded designs.
- Max colors allowed for decoration library: This setting allows you to set the maximum number of colors allowed for stock designs from the decoration library that can use screen printing. Stock designs for screen printing will be limited to those that do not exceed the maximum colors allowed in the storefront and in Business Hub.
- Allow gradients in low color vector designs? (assumes you will convert files to halftones): When this checkbox is ticked, gradients will be allowed in color-reduced designs uploaded for screen printing, but the assumption for handling this is that production staff will manually reduce the gradient to halftones. This setting is enabled by default.
Prior to V8.510, grayscale images were not supported for screen printing when this setting was enabled. Grayscale images are now supported following an improvement made in V8.510. In order for the support of grayscale images to take effect, the general settings for the screen printing process need to be re-saved.
Permitted stock designs
The settings in this section will vary depending on the decoration process being configured.
- Permitted Design Types: For all decoration processes, except Embroidery, you may allow designs to be in either Raster or Vector format or both by ticking the corresponding checkbox. For the Embroidery decoration process, the choice is not available as only EMB format is permitted.
- Design color types allowed: This setting is only available for DTG Printing, Sublimation, Transfer, and Rhinestone Template. It allows you to choose whether Full Color or Low Color designs are allowed to be used for these decoration processes.
- Maximum number of colors for Low Color designs: This setting allows you to set the maximum number of colors allowed in the designs used for the selected decoration processes. Designs with more colors will not be displayed or loadable in the front-end stores or Business Hub to be used as decoration on a product. This setting will not be available for DTG Printing, Sublimation, Transfer, or Rhinestone Template if Full Color is selected as the design color type allowed.
- Allow gradients in low color vector designs? (assumes you will convert files to halftones): When the checkbox is ticked, gradients will be allowed in color-reduced vector designs, but the assumption for handling this is that production staff will manually reduce the gradient to halftones. This setting is only available for DTG Printing, Sublimation, Transfer, and Rhinestone Template if Low Color is selected as the design color type allowed. This setting is enabled by default.
Limit embroidery clipart colors (Embroidery Only)
This setting lets you specify the maximum colors allowed for user-uploaded embroidery designs and for stock designs from the embroidery clipart library. Availability of embroidery stock designs will be limited to those that meet the maximum number of colors criteria.
Allowed File Formats
- Ticking Allow All File Formats will permit users to upload any graphics file as part of a design of the process type selected. Disabling this will let you choose which file formats are acceptable, and in which areas of DecoNetwork they will be permitted.
- File formats can be marked as permitted or denied in the storefront Designer, the Business Hub Designer, and the decorated product Designer
The selected process may be allowed to be used in conjunction with the other processes in each placement area. Tick the checkboxes for the processes that this decoration process can be mixed with. By default, these are turned off.
Pricing for the decoration processes is configurable on the Decoration Processes > Decoration Pricing menu item. You have the choice of using Flat Pricing or Advanced Pricing.
- If Flat Pricing is turned on, the number and type of decorations will not affect the price of the product.
- Advanced Pricing lets you set the pricing per decoration area used, the number of colors used, and the area used per process.
See the article, Decoration Pricing, for more information.
- When finished, click Save.