Email is used in all automated correspondence with customers and website visitors. Email Templates are used to streamline communication with your customers by allowing flexibility while reducing the overhead of setting up customized communication channels. The layout of the emails is customizable, so you deliver the message in the exact look and feel, and tone your business requires.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
- To edit HTML templates, an understanding and knowledge of HTML is required
- To edit CSS templates, an understanding and knowledge of CSS is required
- To set up the order-reply email address you need to contact your domain name administrator
- The Email and order templates app must be enabled to use this feature if you are on the Standard plan
- The Email and order templates app must be enabled if you are on the Standard plan and want to customize the templates
To configure Email Templates
- Log into your DecoNetwork website and click Admin.
- Click Settings.
- Click Email and Order Templates.
- Click Email Templates to display the list of templates for the automated emails that are sent to customers.
The emails that can be edited are organized into sections according to how they are used. The sections are listed on the left and the corresponding email templates are displayed on the right.
User Account Emails
- These emails are generated when users sign up on your store or forget and change their store account password.
Web Store Order Emails
- Web Store Order Emails are confirmation emails sent to the customer when they have successfully placed an order in your store.
- These are not used for Business Hub orders.
- The additional option column, "Used With Shipping Method", defines when the template is used; different templates may be activated based on the shipping type used in the order. This allows for different shipping instructions to be sent to the customer with their order.
- New Order Email lets you define a new template and when it is used.
Business Hub Quote and Order Emails
- These templates are used when Business Hub orders and quotes are created, produced, shipped, and canceled in DecoNetwork.
- These templates are not activated for online store orders.
- Only the Order-shipped email template can be set on a per-shipping method basis. The other templates show "Used With Shipping Method" as "N/A".
- New Shipped Email lets you define a new template for emails sent when orders are shipped.
- Payment emails are generated when a payment is received, confirmed, rejected, or requested and when account statements or payment instructions are sent.
Customer Contact Emails
- These emails are used in general correspondence with customers and when contacting them regarding an abandoned shopping cart.
Note to customer email is sent to a customer when a note is created against a quote or an order in Business Hub.
Remove saved layouts warning is automatically sent to a customer after 50 days of inactivity on their account, warning them that their saved layouts will be removed after 10 days. The email will prompt the customer to log in to prevent the saved layout from being removed. This email provides a good opportunity to reach out to inactive customers.
Customer email is sent to a customer when an email is created on the Customer Account page in Business Hub.
Store Owner Emails
- These emails are sent to the store owner when sitewide interactions occur, including; when a store is created, when a store makes a sale, and when a customer requests account verification to be sent.
Staff Account Emails
- These emails are sent to your staff when they are assigned either an order, a production item, or an artwork job.
- Email sent to a supplier when a purchase order is issued.
Campaign Owner Emails
- Emails are sent to the owner of a campaign store when you send a note to the campaign owner or when a campaign is created, finished, canceled, or in production.
Campaign Owner Note is sent to a campaign owner when a note is created against a campaign in Business Hub.
- These emails are sent to customers during the artwork approval process.
Color labels are used to indicate various statuses for the email templates:
- Gray labels indicate inactive email templates
- Green labels indicate templates whose content has been overridden
- Sky-blue labels indicate user-generated templates
If a template is both user generated and inactive, it will be highlighted with the inactive color.
- Click Edit beside the template you want to modify.
Typically, you can set the availability of the email, modify additional recipients of the emails so relevant people in your company can be notified of particular events, you can override your default marketing message (see Correspondence Settings), view the default template, and customize the default template.
- Configure the template as desired.
You can toggle the email on and off by ticking/un-ticking the Active checkbox. The cc and bcc fields allow you to specify email addresses to which the email should be sent.
You can edit the marketing message that will be included in the content of the email. You can edit the message for both the plain text and the HTML versions of the email. Untick the Use Default checkbox to modify the default message.
This section shows the code for the default template.
Note, if you are on the Standard plan or lower, you must enable the Email and Template app in order for the Customize Template feature to be enabled.
This section allows you to edit the template. You can edit the subject, the HTML version, and the plain text version of the email. Tick the Override default template checkbox to modify the default template.
This setting is only available for the Default Order Email Template and the Default Order Shipped Email Template. It allows you to choose which shipping method(s) that this email template will be available for.
- Click Save.