At times you may wish to sell a product which is not part of your regular supplier catalogs. This is possible in DecoNetwork. You can add custom products where you define all of the products properties yourself, from scratch.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
- If you wish to have customized product images, these should be ready prior to commencing
To add a custom product
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website.
- Browse to Admin > Products.
- Press Add Product, then select Add Custom Product.
The main work area contains the settings for configuring a new custom product:
- Product Name - give your product a name.
- Product Code - if you use a code to store and record your product, enter it here.
- Number of colors is the number of color areas that can be changed on the product
- When ready, press Save.
Once the basic product identifier information is entered, the next task will be to specify views of the product that appear in the online store and in the designer.
- Select a product view option:
- DecoNetwork Templates - use an existing template image, which will have colors that update according to color selections users make.
- Single image for all colors - upload an image which will represent all product colors and cannot change to reflect the user's selection.
- Separate image for each color - if you cannot make a PSD template, consider this option which is to have a separate image for each available color the product is available in.
- Your own custom template - upload your own custom template.
- Do not use an image - if an image is not available or cannot be sourced.
- Depending on your choice in the previous step, you will have to either select a product image, or upload an image or images. If you have uploaded or used a template file or image series, you will also have to choose a default color (or colors) for the product.
- Once the product view image has been configured, decoration areas must be defined. You may be able to select from a series of predefined decoration areas if suitable, otherwise you may define your own. Chosen decoration areas must be dragged into the appropriate location on the product image so selected decorations are applied to the correct place on the product.
- When done, press Save.
You will now be taken the regular product configuration page with the data you have entered already in place. Although the product is in DecoNetwork, it is not yet configured. At a minimum, it will need pricing if you wish to make the item saleable. Pricing is located in the inner menu of your product view.
Ultimately, the amount of information you enter into the product is up to you. For more information, see the Products Overview article for details of all available configuration options.