Product Views are the images for different perspectives of your products, for example, a T-Shirt might have Front, Back, Left Side, and Right Side views. Decoration Areas are the placement areas on a product in which decorations may be applied. While these are configured for all products that are automatically added to your fulfillment center via SmartSelect catalogs, you may elect to edit those decoration areas. You may also need to edit the decoration areas of any manually added supplier product or custom product to suit your business.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
To edit a product's decoration areas
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website.
- Browse to Admin > Products.
- Select a product to configure by either:
- Clicking on the product code.
- Clicking on the product name.
- Clicking on the Manage button beside the product you want to configure, then selecting Edit Product.
The product properties will be shown in the main work area with a menu at the left to select property categories. General will be selected by default.
- Select Views & Decoration Areas from the product properties menu.
The main work area contains the configuration options for views and decoration areas. Existing views and decoration areas already defined for the product are listed. You can edit or add views and edit or add decoration areas for each view.
Supported Decoration Processes
This section allows you to configure how decoration processes are set for this product and to override the decoration process description at the product level.
- Use Smart select rules to determine processes available will automatically choose available processes based on the configured smart select rules.
- Set processes available for this product allows you to manually select the available processes on a product.
Edit Decoration Process Description: allows you to override the system decoration description to specify a custom decoration description for the product. Clicking on the button will display the Edit Decoration Process Description popup.
The system description (set via Decoration Processes > [Decoration Process Name] > General) will be used by default. Unticking the Use System checkbox will enable the Description textbox, allowing you to modify the description. Click OK when you are done.
Product Views & Decoration Areas
Product Views are the images for your products and Decoration Areas are where decorations will be placed. Decoration Areas are displayed on product images as grey areas.
If an area does not support any decoration processes, the area will not be visible on the product image and its area definition row will be grayed out.
The View Options let you choose how the views are defined.
- Use Supplier Views will use the different views of the product as set by the DecoNetwork catalog team, and no more configuration will be required. However, the views provided may not be satisfactory for your requirements and you can set them up however you like.
- Define my own Views lets you change views or add new views.
To add a view:
- Add a view by clicking the Add View button.
Make sure Define my own Views is selected, otherwise, the Add View button will be disabled.
- Select what sort of system of images will be used to display the view:
- DecoNetwork templates - use an existing template image. Images for each color added to the product will be automatically created.
- Single image for all colors - upload an image that will represent all product colors and cannot change to reflect the user's selection.
- Separate image for each color - if you cannot make a PSD template, or would prefer extreme color accuracy, consider this option which is to upload a separate image for each available color.
- Your own custom template - upload your own custom PSD template which will be used to automatically generate images for each color added into the product.
- Do not use an image - choose this option to not display an image if an image is not available or cannot be sourced.
- Click Next.
- Depending on your choice, you will have to either select a product image or upload an image or images.
- If you have uploaded or used a template file or image series, you will also have to choose a default color (or colors) for the product.
- Click Next.
Once you have uploaded an image or selected a system one, the Manage Product View popup will be displayed, allowing you to configure the view.
For each product view, you can now set up decoration areas. Again, a default series of areas are already configured in most cases, with decoration processes applicable to those areas already set. Naturally, this can be changed.
To modify the decoration areas:
- First, click the blue configuration wheel next to the area to configure, then make sure the Allow Custom Decoration Areas (Advanced) option is selected.
This will unlock the configuration of each decoration area contained within that view, let you add extra decoration areas to that view, or delete a decoration area altogether. Clicking Delete next to a decoration area removes it.
- Click the blue configuration wheel next to any decoration area and select Use custom decoration area (Advanced) to allow the properties of that area to be modified.
This includes the name of the area, the size of the area, and the decoration processes that are applicable to that area.
To add a decoration area:
- Click Add Area to define a new decoration area within the product view.
This will launch the Add New Area to [area name] screen. If the area you wish to add closely matches a decoration area on an existing similar product, you can select the area here.
- If the existing decoration areas are not suitable, select "or, define new area", name the area and click OK.
The Manage Product View popup is displayed.
Alt tag: lets you specify a name for the image that will be displayed in place of the image if for some reason the image fails to load.
The alt tag is useful for providing a description of the image to search engine crawlers. The alt text can contribute to how the page is indexed and where it ranks if you follow SEO best practices.
The alt tag is also important for accessibility. Including alt text with your image allows visually impaired people using screen readers to better understand the content.
- If DTG is configured as an applicable decoration process for any of the areas for the view and Kornit has been specified as the output production option in the DTG production settings, the machine type will be indicated below the product view image. A Table dropdown list will also be available, allowing you to select the pallet size that will be used to print on the decoration area. To learn more about DTG production options, read the DTG Printing Production Settings help article.
- Ticking the Use System Definition checkbox will change the Area name text field to a drop-down box of all existing defined decoration areas. Your new area will inherit the selected area's properties such as available decoration processes and dimensions (which can no longer be edited). Do not use this if you wish to define a new area with properties not matching an existing decoration area.
Area Alignment: lets you set the alignment of the decoration area within the product image container.
- Center (Vertical): centers the decoration area vertically within the product image container.
- Center (Horizontal): centers the decoration area horizontally within the product image container.
Settings only visible on decoration areas not using a system definition:
- Lock scale to first area (visible only for 2nd and consecutive decoration areas) will keep the dimensions of the selected decoration area in proportion to the first decoration area applied to the current view. If this is set to off, resizing the decoration area either by using the sizing handles or by specifying values using the width and height fields will allow its dimensions to be out of proportion with the first decoration area.
Re-scale area when changing dimensions: when ticked, will visually enlarge or shrink the decoration area based on the new physical dimensions. When unticked, the decoration area will be visually restrained to fit within the bounds of the previous dimensions when new dimensions are specified.
Note, leaving this setting off may result in an inaccurate visual representation of the decoration area.
This setting cannot not be used in conjunction with the Lock scale to first area setting. Ticking this checkbox will untick the Lock scale to first area checkbox and vice versa.
- Lock scale (Lock icon) when enabled, changing one dimension, either width or height, will automatically update the other to keep dimensions in the same proportion as already set. Having the lock enabled also ensures using the drag handles to resize the printable surface against your product image will not change the physical dimensions. You may want to set this to off when initially setting your decoration area dimensions and lock it thereafter.
- Select printable area shape sets the overall shape of the decoration area, which can be altered by uploading a custom shape. For details on how to create a custom decoration area shape, see the article, How Do I... Create custom decoration area shapes.
- Upload shape - Browse.../Choose file (button label depends on browser) lets you select a file to use as a custom decoration area shape, which is useful for unusually contoured or shaped products you wish to print on. The format of this file must be PNG, with the printable area colored black, and non-print areas transparent.
- Can set background color allows consumers to set a background color to fill the entire decoration area. This color fill will be included as part of the final design.
- Alt tag: lets you specify a name for the image that will be displayed in place of the image if for some reason the image fails to load.
- Enter a name for the view.
- Configure the decoration areas as required.
To set the decoration processes for a decoration area:
- Make sure the Use System Definition checkbox is un-ticked.
- Select the area you want to configure decoration processes for by clicking on its name in the decoration area table.
- Tick the checkboxes of decoration processes you want to apply to this area.
To resize and re-position a decoration area:
- Select the area you want to resize and reposition by clicking on its name in the decoration area table.
- Make sure the Use System Definition checkbox is un-ticked.
- Resize the decoration area by either:
- Specifying the area's Width and Height dimensions.
- Clicking the handlebars of the decoration area on the product image and drag inwards to reduce the area or drag outwards to enlarge the area.
Click on the lock icon to control whether the area resizes proportionally or disproportionately. (Icon in the locked state indicates proportional resizing. An icon in the unlocked state indicates disproportional resizing).
- Reposition the decoration area by dragging and dropping it to the desired location on the product image.
- Click OK.
- Click Save or Save and Continue when done.
Please sign in to leave a comment.