Product configuration lets you control every aspect of the appearance, price, description, and properties of a product. The product General page defines the basic listing information of a given product.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
To configure the general properties of a product:
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website.
- Browse to Admin > Products.
- Select a product to configure by either:
- Clicking on the product code.
- Clicking on the product name.
- Clicking on the Manage button beside the product you want to configure, then selecting Edit Product.
The product properties will be shown in the main work area, with a menu at the left to select property categories. General will be selected by default. Basic statistics about the product's performance are displayed on the page, along with a link which allows viewing of the product as it appears in your store.
- Configure the settings as required.
- Active for sale toggles availability of the product in both your online store and Business Hub.
- Auto Selected From Catalog this setting is available on smart select added products. Disabling this option will make the product behave as a manually added product. This means the product will remain in your products list even when changing your product selection rules to not include it.
- Product name gives your product a unique name - particularly important if you have multiple copies of a product.
- Product code can be edited to suit your requirements. For supplier products, this typically represents the style number.
- Allow Blank Purchase lets you decide if a product can be sold un-decorated. Disallowing here will override any store option allowing blank products to be sold.
- Brand shows the brand of the product. You can change the brand using a drop-down list or define a new custom brand via the Manage Brands link. (See the article, Managing Brands, for details).
- Description by default is set by the supplier. However, it can be edited for a personalized touch, as desired.
- Press Save or Save and Continue when done.