The Theme Tab in the Website Editor lets you quickly change the design of your website by switching the theme template applied to the website. You can change the theme, preview and publish the theme at any time.
To change the theme of your website:
- In the Admin menu for your website, click Edit Website, then click Website Pages.
The Website Editor loads with the PAGES tab selected.
- Click on the THEME button in the Website Editor Toolbar.
The Theme tab is displayed, containing thumbnails of the theme options available.
The currently selected theme is highlighted.
- Click on a theme thumbnail.
The Select Theme popup is displayed.
A Reset Pages checkbox is included in the popup. The checkbox is ticked by default, meaning all your custom content will be removed after the new theme is applied. If you want to keep all your custom content, uncheck the Reset Pages checkbox.
- Click OK in the Select Theme popup.
- Click OK in the Applying Theme popup once the theme has been applied.
- Click the Preview in the Page Settings Bar at the bottom of the page to view your website with the selected theme, without making the changes visible to visitors.
Your website is loaded in a new window with the selected theme applied for you to preview.
- Go back to the Website Editor window.
- If you want to save the theme change, but don't want the changes published live to visitors yet, do the following:
- Click on the Save button in the Page Settings Bar.
- Click OK in the Saving Page popup once saving is complete.
The selected theme is saved as an unpublished version until you are ready to publish it.
Don't forget to click Publish once you are ready to publish the changes live to visitors.
If you want to apply the theme and immediately publish the changes live to visitors, do the following:
- Click on the Publish in the Page Settings Bar.
- Click OK in the Publishing Website popup when publishing is done.
What are my options for additional themes or creating one myself to have as a template? We are looking to streamline our affiliate store process.
At the moment you cannot create your own themes. However, you can select a theme you want to use as a base for a store and modify the theme as you like. You can then create a template based on the store and allow affiliate stores to select it when initially creating their website. See the Clone Store Settings help article for instructions on how to do this.
Please sign in to leave a comment.