When you manage stock for a particular product, you turn on inventory tracking and configure an automatic re-order level where customers can purchase a product and the system will automatically create a purchase order to reorder the product to the specified level to replenish your stock.
Watch the following video to see how to use inventory tracking to trigger automatic stock replenishment. Read below for written instructions.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
To use inventory tracking to trigger automatic stock replenishment:
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website.
- Browse to Admin > Products.
- Select a product to configure by either:
- Clicking on the product code.
- Clicking on the product name.
- Clicking on the Manage button beside the product you want to configure, then selecting Edit Product.
The product properties will be shown in the main work area, with a menu at the left to select property categories. General will be selected by default.
- Select SKU, GTIN & Inventory from the product properties menu.
The main work area contains the configuration options for SKU, GTIN, and inventory.
- Tick the Enable inventory on hand for this product checkbox.
Inventory columns will be revealed in the SKU table.
- Stock Item? enabling this turns on inventory tracking for this item. The topmost checkbox will select all items on the page when ticked.
- Location lets you enter/edit the coordinate number of the storage bin where the item is located, giving you more control in managing your inventory.
The location number will appear on the Production Worksheet, Purchase Order Stock Sheet, Order Inventory Pull Sheet, Packing Slips, and in the popup that appears when clicking on the Ordered or Received column while viewing the Production tab of an Order in Business Hub.
- Inventory On Hand lets you update the inventory level recorded to the actual amount you presently have in stock if there is any discrepancy.
After you have changed the inventory level, an icon will be displayed beside the field.
Clicking on the icon will open the Inventory Change Reason popup, allowing you to enter a reason why the inventory level was manually changed.
- New Inventory Level lets you make a correction to the Inventory On Hand level recorded if there is any discrepancy with the actual inventory level you have in stock.
- Low Stock Warning lets you modify the inventory level at which a warning email will be sent to relevant team members informing them of the situation.
- Reorder To Level lets you modify the amount of product a purchase order will aim to restock your inventory level to.
- Inventory On Order shows the present amount of the product that has already been ordered, but not yet received.
- For Stock: shows the number of inventory items on order for stockkeeping.
- For Orders: shows the number of inventory items on backorder to fulfill sales orders.
- To Order shows the number of items of a SKU required to be ordered in order to fulfill sales orders.
- Log opens a log window detailing events relating to the product in terms of inventory level.
Displays the SKU information of the product you are viewing the log of.
Inventory Event Log
Lists a log of events affecting the inventory level of the product. Events include:
- Restock of inventory from purchase order
- Restock of inventory from product import
- Restock of inventory from manual entry
- Depletion of inventory due to allocating products to an order
Current Purchase Orders
Lists the current purchase orders that are awaiting stock to replenish the product inventory to the required level.
- Click Save.